if my partner has an iva and he marries me

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

denise.03

Post by denise.03 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:04 pm
if my partner has an iva and he marries me will this affect me ?

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 pm
It may affect you in that if you go for joint credit in the future(while the IVA is still on partner's credit file),you may be turned down. As for day to day life,there is no reason for it to bother you. You will be expected to disclose your income so that your partners shows you both pay your share of household expenditure but you wont be expected to pay a penny of his debts(and nor you should).

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

justsurviving

Post by justsurviving » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:10 am
Are you currently living together? Because if you aren't, I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will advise me of the fact if I am, but although it won't affect you directly, if you are shown to be contributing to the running costs of the house (when you do move in together) then although you won't have to pay towards his debt it may mean that his expenditure will be reduced and there for increase his disposable income thereby possibly increasing his payments into his IVA. If however you are currently living together and your contribution towards household expenses had already been taken into account then getting married should make no difference.
Last edited by justsurviving on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

denise.03

Post by denise.03 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 am
my partner is moving in with me in oct he will then have 2 contribute towards my bills as i will be loosing my tax credits

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:44 am
He needs to speak to his IP about this as it could potentially impact on his payments.

Can I also suggest that you change your user name as you are liable to get inundated with spam by having your email address on the forum.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:54 am
Hi Denise,
Your username has been changed for security. As Kallis says, its a sad fact but its never advisable to post anything which positively identifies you on an open forum. Your password remains as you set it.
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”