Cannot open Ready Cash bank account

Share this post with your friends

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pugwash
IVA Junior

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  10:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tried to open a ready cash bank account with Yorkshire Bank, and because I am in the early stages of starting an IVA they said I cannot have a Ready Cash account. And even if I hadn't told them about the IVA the account would have been closed when they where informed. So whoever recommends a Ready Cash account IS WRONG. Any ideas anybody...

Goosed
IVA Journeyman

Goosed

48 month\s down 12 month\s to go.

813 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  10:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I`m gobsmacked, because if that`s true I`m in trouble if my IVA proposal is accepted, as I opened a Readycash account with them just before starting my IVA applicationimage

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona
Go to Top of Page

missy80
IVA Junior

missy80

182 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  10:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, how annoying!

The Co-op will definitely let you have one - you can set it up over the phone and then pay in at the post office if you don't have a local branch
Go to Top of Page

Pugwash
IVA Junior

Pugwash

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  10:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats what he told me and thats after consulting his manager...So the only thing I can do is ask my daughter if my wages can be paid into her account if I can do that and then will have to pay bills the old fashioned way "in person in cash" what a pain!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pugwash
IVA Junior

Pugwash

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  10:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Co-op refused me last week
Go to Top of Page

missy80
IVA Junior

missy80

182 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  10:56:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they one of your creditors?

Someone on here will have a solution, I'm sure. Let's keep it bumped up
Go to Top of Page

Pugwash
IVA Junior

Pugwash

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  11:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No they aren't one of my creditors, thats why I've tried them, Frustrating isn't it.image
Go to Top of Page

Goosed
IVA Journeyman

Goosed

48 month\s down 12 month\s to go.

813 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  11:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if these IVA `friendly` banks are changing their policies? I suppose we need to wait and see if any other posters have had similar problems with these two banks lately, or have had accounts closed by these banks once the banks became aware that they were in an IVA...I wonder if they just wouldn`t even process your application for an account because they knew there was no chance they would make any money out of you through credit cards or loans after you told them you were proposing an IVA???

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona
Go to Top of Page

missy80
IVA Junior

missy80

182 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  11:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So frustrating!

And if what Goosed has written was true, I wouldn't be at all surprised! Even when my previous bank were phoning me about not paying bills they were still trying to push consolidatory loans onto me!
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  11:20:03  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Co-op will usually only refuse a basic account if you're not on the voters list.

They won't give you a full account if you're in an IVA and I've never heard of Yorkshire closing accounts. HSBC and First Direct do though.

http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. Ulysses S. Grant

An iva.co.uk mentor,is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

wannabedj
IVA Campaigner

wannabedj

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
275 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  11:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried a NATWEST STEP ACCOUNT?
Apply on-line and get an instant decision.

Lloyds also do a cash card only account but you'll have to go into the branch.

If Football was meant to have been played in the air then God would have put Grass in the Sky
Go to Top of Page

SFA
IVA Novice

47 month\s down 13 month\s to go.

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  11:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yorkshire Bank refused me as I was proposing an IVA. I was equally as honest with the Co-Op who opened two Cashminder accounts over the phone ( one working / bill paying account and another to keep other funds separate.) Neither bank are creditors of mine. I suggest not telling them about IVA as neither bank actually asked and you are not witholding information, you are only giving honest answers to the qualifying questions that they ask. I was just being honest as I didn't want them to freeze or close accounts at a later date. Good luck with it all .

SFA
Go to Top of Page

SFA
IVA Novice

47 month\s down 13 month\s to go.

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lloyds, if not a creditor are worth a look. I panicked and opened as many of these no credit check accounts as I could. Lloyds opened a basic account over the phone in less than 5 mins and within 4 days I had my account open complete with Visa debit card through the letterbox.

SFA
Go to Top of Page

Pugwash
IVA Junior

Pugwash

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey I'm sorted. Rang Co-op again and asked for a Cashminder account and not a problem.. Been accepted.Get account details within 5 working days. So I just think Yorkshire Bank just just their facts wrong with me. Would be nice to know if other newbies who try to open an account with Yorkshire Bank have similar problems. Thanks to Y'all "YET AGAIN" Still cant get over how great this forum is
Go to Top of Page

missy80
IVA Junior

missy80

182 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:21:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news!

(I love this forum too, it's a lifesaver isn't it?)
Go to Top of Page

MrsKnight
mentor

MrsKnight

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
3275 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you got sorted - though its first Ive heard Yorkshire bank not been helpful.
I opened a basic Maestro account with Yorkshire in the processing weeks of my IVA - never informed them of what I was doing, just said I wanted a bank account for my housekeeping n spending money.
Had the account for over 2 years n no problems.

Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Go to Top of Page

Pugwash
IVA Junior

Pugwash

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will visit this forum daily without fail. Its been an help beyond belief, dont know how I would have done this without you all. Thanks to all.
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:33:05  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great news Pugwash!

Co-op come up trumps again!

http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. Ulysses S. Grant

An iva.co.uk mentor,is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

MrsKnight
mentor

MrsKnight

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
3275 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2010 :  12:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I will just add - Yorkshire Bank is nothing to do with banks in the UK, its part of the Bank of Australia! I was informed this when opening my account.

As the basic account at Yorkshire Bank is not one that they run through a credit check - I cant see how they would find out about an IVA, I was given my account number on the spot n card etc arrived a few days later.

We also opened a Lloyds TSB silver account in the processing weeks of our IVA. At the time they were doing away with their basic accounts, which is what we wanted - n the silver was the next option. When they tried to force us to have an overdraft, we told TSB about the IVA n they didnt have a problem n stated to be careful we dont go over drawn with having no overdraft.

Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

Edited by - MrsKnight on 12 July 2010 12:41:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
Cannot open Ready Cash bank account - T30707 - The IVA Forum - .. © IVA.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07
Ask our experts a question, it will be posted on our forum
  • Simply complete form and you will get an answer from our experts
    (multiple replies within an hour *)
  • Your Question:
  • Your First Name:
  • Your Email:
  • Your Mob/Tel:

(optional)
  • Please Enter the Text in the image: Captcha

• The Question will go to our industry wide panel of experts:
    Melanie Giles Bridgewood Finance Solutions Debt Free Direct Bright Oak
    Mc Cambridge Duffy Andy Davie CCCS Vincent Bond and Co Ltd
  • * The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location
IVA CALCULATOR
IVA CALCULATOR
  • Do I qualify?
  • How much written off?
  • Monthly payment amount?
  • Total Debt:
    £
  • No of creditors:
  • Income:
    £
  • Expenses:
    £
  • Own home?
    Yes No
  • NOTE:

An IVA is not for everyone. This calculator will simply tell you whether it is an option for you.

• Live Help
Social Media
Clear my debt

-Talk to an iva.co.uk advisor
-Relaxed chat, discuss options
-No upfront fees

• Name
  • Email
  • Tel
  • Total Debt
  • What's the sum of 5 + 10 ?
    (spam protection)
Chat Now
Live Help
IVA.co.uk Newsletter
Reviews for IVA.co.uk
IVA.co.uk is rated 4.9 on a scale of 5 based on on reviewcentre.com.
Latest review:
So Glad We Did It - by , 19/09/2012
5/ 5stars
I have to admit to being less than keen to investigate the idea of an IVA as we had already gone down the route of a DMP with another company but this hadn't worked out. Hubby pushed for an IVA and started the ball rolling, however once we had started the process i soon realised how beneficial this would be. Andy Davie at Vincent Bond was fantastic, he went through the whole process with us fully and explained everyhing thoroughly. We are now almost 2 years in and haven't looked back.