Egg have called me 5 times in 90 minutes...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
49 posts Page 1 of 4

missy80

Post by missy80 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 am
I totally understand why people feel so harrassed they do something silly. And they're my smallest creditor, I could probably afford to pay them off. They've sent me another letter saying they're getting a credit collection agency involved. But I don't want to speak to them cos I have nothing new to tell them

Switch my phone off?

Hate my life!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:43 am
It does get you down when they are constantly on the phone.

Could you possibly change your number?

The letter will be a bog standard one sent out to everyone.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 am
Missy, I know exactly where you're coming from, although Egg have been reasonably okay (so far) to us. Our worst one is Tesco. Holy MOLY, these people are just vile. You have my every sympathy and hopefully the fact that so many of us on here have gone through or are going through similar situations, will make it just a little bit easier for you? Easier said than done, but don't let the bar stewards grind you down. [:)]

Rache
Last edited by Waltons on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosalyn

Post by rosalyn » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:08 am
Best advise is change ur number. I did and didnt have the drama and problem of calls which are really annoying. I remember one telling me they would be coming round my house every day until i paid. At the time it seemed so scary but i look back now and smile.

missy80

Post by missy80 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:27 am
I got used to it at the beginning and once I took away my landline number it was pretty managable.

But my situation is that my iva proposal was turned down (3 weeks ago) and I'm still getting help with my next move (resubmitting or BR) and they must be pretty sick of waiting for their money by now! But I don't know what to tell them so I'm hiding.

I do think 5 calls in 90 minutes is extreme though, what are they hoping for?

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:32 am
Egg constantly harassed us,we had a loan with then and wife and I both had seperate credit cards. They would phone up to talk about my card then 2 minutes later phone for the wife then phone about the late loan payments. Got to be a bit of a joke in the end that they couldnt just note that the 3 accounts werent getting paid anytime soon!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:31 am
I remember Egg and the Co-op being the most persitant and nasty threatening all kinds of nasties. I would just let the phone go answer machine and field the calls from there. There is only so many times you can explain what is happening.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Sinking Fast

Post by Sinking Fast » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:44 pm
I had a debt of 14k with EGG, and before our IVA was accepted I heard from them twice in 4 months - must have been lucky.

I did however state to them on the phone, and in writing, that we were going for an IVA.

Gd luck.

Sinking Fast

Post by Sinking Fast » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:45 pm
I had a debt of 14k with EGG, and before our IVA was accepted I heard from them twice in 4 months - must have been lucky.

I did however state to them on the phone, and in writing, that we were going for an IVA.

Gd luck.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 pm
I would seriously think of changing your mobile number. At least then they can't contact you.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:18 pm
These systems are programmed to stimulate a response. If you do not answer or it goes to answer phone they can set intensity of contact over a given period of time.

Probably worth changing your number or to get some head space while you sort your affairs out try a cheap pay as you go sim that way you can give the number to selected people. All you need to then do is put the sim back in after 9pm - listen and delete what your messages.
Last edited by Storm on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:29 pm
All good advice above and I think if it were me I'd change my number as that is so unfair, harrassing like that surely can't be legal?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:55 pm
It shouldn't be allowed and most of us on here have gone through this harrassment. It's not pleasant and how these call centre operatives sleep at night I don't know.

Excellent advice from Storm.
Bob Marley.

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 pm
Egg were one of my creditors who got in touch a few times via email/phone pre creditorsa meeting but nothing like the amount that missy80 is having.

I eventually phoned them, passed on the details of my potential I.P. and date of meeting etc, once I did that the phone calls stopped...

I was lucky because my IVA was sorted within 6wks of the initial phone call.

danny4

Post by danny4 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:23 pm
Surely this amount of contact is harassment in a big way. There must be somebody you can contact and get this stopped. We are all with you and even though it's easy to say stay strong and everything will be ok.
49 posts Page 1 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”