Share this post with your friends

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

markspark
IVA Novice

20 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  10:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Could anyone who has had issues with GT customer services please post details on this thread. I have read many posts from people who have had the same problems as myself regarding lack of contact and clarity from GT and thought it would be a good idea to get as many as possible on one thread and compile a formal complaint.
Thanks.

Grant Thornton
Forum Expert

Grant Thornton

472 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  11:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
markspark - Can you please contact me at ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com with IVA Forum in the subject line and your case reference?

I am here to help and resolve any queries or problems, I look froward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards
Karol
Go to Top of Page

markspark
IVA Novice

20 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  12:50:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karol,
I followed your link and instructions and sent an email on 3rd March 2012 without reply,I have forwarded a copy today at 12:35.
I have posted several threads on the forum re GT customer services and again no comments / replies posted from GT.
Go to Top of Page

BECKY
IVA Campaigner

BECKY

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  14:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karol I have been advised to do do what you said above by other posters but to no avail. I have even tried to answer direct to the email of the rep who has replied to me but still no answers.One query took 4 months and 7 emails for a reply!
Go to Top of Page

Grant Thornton
Forum Expert

Grant Thornton

472 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  14:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Markspark - hopefully after speaking with you this afternoon I have been able to clarify your queires and concerns.

Becky - I have received your email sent over the weekend and will be in contact with you today

Kind Regards
Karol
Go to Top of Page

markspark
IVA Novice

20 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  14:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I have lambasted GT's customer services on this forum I feel it only fair to inform fellow forum members that I have today received a phone call from Karol at GT, she has assured me my case will be closed, name removed from the IVA register and completion certificate sent within 5 to 10 days.
Becky, keep posting and hopefully you will get a call, I have posted many messages but only got a reply once I had posted a question, maybe do the same with the subject " GT poor customer services " and this may speed up the process.
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  14:29:46  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's excellent news. Glad you now have some answers

http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk/

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. Ulysses S. Grant

An iva.co.uk mentor,is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

Andy Davie
Administrator

Andy Davie

14961 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  20:00:08  Show Profile  Visit Andy Davie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

Hats off to Karol for posting on the forum and dealing with the many concerns.

Not sure what has happened recently but I'm sure she will get back on top of any outstanding questions/concerns.

I have met both the IPs at Grant Thornton, along with Karol and one of the senior managers at GT and have to say that they are genuine people who are genuinely concerned about customer care and support, I can only guess that workload and the HMRC issue has had a big impact. I am guessing that GT may have the largest IVA book in the country so any impact will involve hundreds of people.

Regards

Andy Davie, Award Winning Debt Advisor, I will draft an IVA for you, visit www.andydavie.com
Go to Top of Page

vince666
IVA Campaigner

vince666

IVA completed.

344 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  20:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They probably do have the largest IVA book in the country, but they are a very large company and they should allocate sufficient resources to ensure that the 2 Partners who act as the IVA Supervisors fulfill their regulatory obligations - from reading recent posts on here you'd have to question whether they are currently achieving this.

Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

Edited by - vince666 on 12 March 2012 20:13:38
Go to Top of Page

Foggy

Foggy

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
13814 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  20:59:05  Show Profile  Visit Foggy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The worse part of this whole VAT episode, and is by no means confined to GT, is the total lack of communication with obviously worried, sometimes distressed, clients. We often have the mantra "Keep your IP informed of anything important" drummed into us ... surely this cuts both ways.

Any opinions I express are merely that .. opinions based on experience. I am no expert but have difficulty in keeping my mouth shut. You have been warned :-)

IVA Completed with funds paid to date 23rd July 2013 .... Completion Certificate 10th January 2014

Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

vince666
IVA Campaigner

vince666

IVA completed.

344 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2012 :  21:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The VAT issue is just clouding the fact that GT are very slow in closing cases.

On 15 December 2011 Karol posted on the forum that the VAT issue had no impact on GT closing cases. It wasn't until 1 February 2012 that she posted to state that it had caused them to stop closing cases, then on 20 February she posted to state that they were able to close again.

That would indicate that the VAT issue only caused delays in closure of a few weeks, which doesn't excuse people waiting 6-12 months to receive their completion certificates.

Completion certificate received 31 March 2012.

Edited by - vince666 on 12 March 2012 22:02:27
Go to Top of Page

northumbrian69
IVA Campaigner

northumbrian69

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  10:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only speak from personal experience, I posted a GT communication issue 2 weeks ago, I was advised by Karol to e'mail customer services and she promised to respond to my query by the end of business on the same day, true to her word I received a very nice apology and answers to all my questions within 6 hours of sending my e'mail, thank you Karol imageimage

My final payment is in 4 days time so watch this space for how long it takes GT to issue my completion certificate, I have been advised it can take up to 6 months, if that's the case it should be all over by the end of September. imageimageimageimageimage

IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  10:37:25  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bet you can't wait!!!

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. Ulysses S. Grant

An iva.co.uk mentor,is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

northumbrian69
IVA Campaigner

northumbrian69

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  10:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You bet I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a long 5 years but going in to an IVA is the best decision I have ever made.

5 years ago I was a financial mess and didn't know which way to turn, OK it's been a hard 5 years but now it's almost over you can't begin to imagine how good it feels, to actually be debt free is the most wonderful feeling imageimageimageimage

I know GT get more than their fair share of criticism on this forum but without them I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now, 4 days away from freedom imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
quote:
Originally posted by kallis3

Bet you can't wait!!!

IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST
Go to Top of Page

kallis3

kallis3

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
66038 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  11:06:04  Show Profile  Visit kallis3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's brilliant news, really pleased for you.

Jan
xx
Go to Top of Page

jonosi

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  11:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by northumbrian69

I can only speak from personal experience, I posted a GT communication issue 2 weeks ago, I was advised by Karol to e'mail customer services and she promised to respond to my query by the end of business on the same day, true to her word I received a very nice apology and answers to all my questions within 6 hours of sending my e'mail, thank you Karol imageimage

My final payment is in 4 days time so watch this space for how long it takes GT to issue my completion certificate, I have been advised it can take up to 6 months, if that's the case it should be all over by the end of September. imageimageimageimageimage

must be one of the lucky ones here. I emailed and posted a letter of complaint 2 weeks ago to GT no reponse and emailed Karol yesterday afternoon. No response as of yet
Go to Top of Page

Grant Thornton
Forum Expert

Grant Thornton

472 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  14:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jonosi - Grant Thornton have received your email from yesteerday and I have replied to you this afternoon.
Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards
Karol
Go to Top of Page

olympic_torch
IVA Artisan

olympic_torch

1517 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  14:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to echo what Northumbrian69 posted.
Apart from a short spell during our equity release palava, my contact with GT has always been positive.
We have been fairly lucky that, other than annual reviews, we havent had to pester them too much.
They were excellent when Mrs Torch lost her job, and, up to press, I cannot fault them with how they have dealt with our f&f offer.
On a purely personal note, this is just my opinion, I know an iva is tough, 5/6 years is a long time, and I know I keep banging on about this, but, if I rewind 5 years, to what we were going through, no different to anyone else on here, 6 months to wait for a completion certificate is a small price to pay. Again, personally speaking, you have stopped paying, I am in no rush to ever obtain credit again, ok, it may have inheritance issues for some, but what would you use the money for, more credit?.
We all should bear in mind, the professionals on here (which one is Bodie or Doyle?), are giving their time gratis, and without them this forum would be pointless.

Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

Go to Top of Page

northumbrian69
IVA Campaigner

northumbrian69

IVA completed.

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  14:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
olympic_torch, I couldn't put it better myself, 6 months is a small price to pay after 5 years of frugality, is that a real word imageimageimage

The real benefit is, from next month I don't have any more IVA payments to make, I can start some serious saving, and I can sincerely promise, I will never, ever again apply for a credit card,loan or hire purchase agreement as long as I live,that's what an IVA has taught me imageimageimageimage

Go to Top of Page

olympic_torch
IVA Artisan

olympic_torch

1517 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  14:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it isnt a real word it ought to be.
At some point, i guess i may need credit again, probably for a car, but it will be on a controlled basis.

Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

Go to Top of Page

jonosi

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2012 :  22:28:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got a reply from GT, many thanks for that just hope to get my certificate now in the next 10-14 days. what a relief that will be
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
Grant Thornton customer services - T43559 - The IVA Forum - Ind.. © IVA.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07
Ask our experts a question, it will be posted on our forum
  • Simply complete form and you will get an answer from our experts
    (multiple replies within an hour *)
  • Your Question:
  • Your First Name:
  • Your Email:
  • Your Mob/Tel:

(optional)
  • Please Enter the Text in the image: Captcha

• The Question will go to our industry wide panel of experts:
    Melanie Giles Bridgewood Finance Solutions Debt Free Direct Bright Oak
    Mc Cambridge Duffy Andy Davie CCCS Vincent Bond and Co Ltd
  • * The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location
IVA CALCULATOR
IVA CALCULATOR
  • Do I qualify?
  • How much written off?
  • Monthly payment amount?
  • Total Debt:
    £
  • No of creditors:
  • Income:
    £
  • Expenses:
    £
  • Own home?
    Yes No
  • NOTE:

An IVA is not for everyone. This calculator will simply tell you whether it is an option for you.

• Live Help
Resources
Social Media
Clear my debt

-Talk to an iva.co.uk advisor
-Relaxed chat, discuss options
-No upfront fees

• Name
  • Email
  • Tel
  • Total Debt
  • What's the sum of 2 + 7 ?
    (spam protection)
Chat Now
Live Help
IVA.co.uk Newsletter
Reviews for IVA.co.uk
IVA.co.uk is rated 4.9 on a scale of 5 based on on reviewcentre.com.
Latest review:
So Glad We Did It - by , 19/09/2012
5/ 5stars
I have to admit to being less than keen to investigate the idea of an IVA as we had already gone down the route of a DMP with another company but this hadn't worked out. Hubby pushed for an IVA and started the ball rolling, however once we had started the process i soon realised how beneficial this would be. Andy Davie at Vincent Bond was fantastic, he went through the whole process with us fully and explained everyhing thoroughly. We are now almost 2 years in and haven't looked back.