When will defaults come off my credit file ? Started IVA 2007, ended it early in Dec. 2010

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

JLP80

Post by JLP80 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm
I went into an IVA on 27.11.2007 and ended it early in Dec 2010. All of my accounts were updated with the default date of 27.11.2007 but most of them have an account closed date of Dec 2010 on them.
When will they come off my credit file, I was always led to believe it would be six years from the day my iva began has that now changed.
I only ask because i still cant get a proper bank account or mobile phone contract and thought by the beginning of 2014 I would have a clean file and would be able to apply for one. Can someone shed any light
Thankyou for your help

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:54 pm
defaults remain on your credit file 6 years from when they were initially registered.

IVAs stay on your credit file until both The IVA is marked as completed and the IVA has been there for 6 years minimum.

Defaults and Accounts should be separate entries. Closed bank accounts should not show the default, but a separate entry on your credit file will show the default. Closed accounts will stay for 6 years from when you close them.

Sometimes it takes +-2 weeks over the 6 years for some agencies to update, Equifax is this slowest. Experian after 6 years and a day and Call credit usually ahead of time.

HTH
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

JLP80

Post by JLP80 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 pm
Thanks for your reply. I'm still
Not quite sure I understand.
I wrote to all of my creditors with a copy of my completion certificate and asked them to make default dates the first date my iva was agreed. They have all done this.
In Dec 2010 when I did a full and final to end my iva they all got their dividend and marked the accounts as settled and closed.
I wrote to all CRA's and gave a copy of my completion very and it now says iva cOmpleted Dec 2010. Will my iva drop off in Nov 13 or will it stay on to 6 yrs from end date so Dec 16?
It's all very confusing!
I'm just trying to work out in advance if there's anything I now need to do to get my file as clear as possible
Thankyou for your time

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:46 pm
If the IVA has a completion date December 2010 in the public record part of the Credit File and the IVA was registered on 27/11/2007 then this will indeed drop off on or around the 28/11/2013.

Same with the default entries that have default dates of 27/11/2007 they will come off on or around the 28/11/2013.

Above dates relate to Experian, Equifax take a couple of weeks longer to remove and Call Credit usually delete the IVA and Defaults a couple of weeks early, but they do officially have until the 27/11/2013 to do so.

Good luck.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:50 pm
Oh BTW Make sure Equifax have not put a "Notice of Correction" on your credit file to say the IVA was completed.

Make sure they have put it in the Public Record information where it should be.

The other two agencies are OK, it's only Equifax who do this and they do not need to and is rather annoying.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”