50/50 Overtime Rule

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

SUC

Post by SUC » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:02 pm
I am in the fortunate position to do a bit of overtime in summer months and fully understand the 10% 50/50 rule
However once I trigger the 50/50 rule is it acceptable to negotiate or deduct incurred expenses for the likes of additional travelling expenses

For Example I earn £200 overtime
50% to me and 50% into IVA
Cost of travel expense for overtime £25
Does that have to come out of my allowance or can it be negotiated or deducted from IVA

It becomes a bit of a dis incentive to do overtime once this is triggered and not really worthwhile for doing a 12 hour day for £75

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:11 am
Any additional expenses are usually expected to come from your share which allows you to keep anything that does not increase your net take home by more than 10%. However, if you have large expenditure for the likes of childcare you should speak to your IP but other than that the allowances seem reasonably fair.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:14 am
Hi

I think you should argue for the deduction of additional costs as a result of the overtime, travelling costs/childcare etc before the 50/50 split

Regards
Andam Davies
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”