Initial interview with GT in CAB office. F&F Feb 2013.. Still no certificate. Iill with stress

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Elaine.n

Post by Elaine.n » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:31 pm
Hi..I've just spotted this forum...I went to CAB with my financial problems 2years ago and was recommended to go for an iVA with a company called Grant Thornton. An initial interview with one of their representatives was made in CAB offices and a proposal drafted to use equity from endowment policy to offer a full and final settlement to pay IVA. This was accepted in February 2013 and I paid the money over in March 2013. I was advised completion was being processed as I applied for a new job in September 2013. I received statements from my creditors a few months ago showing no money has been paid into their accounts. I contacted grant thornton a few weeks ago to ask about completion and was advised this would be done in december. I'm beibg constantly harassed by expert insolvency to complete ppi claims when ive already told them I was not missold any policies as I have been paid from those when I was off long term illnesses.I am ill through anxiety and stress and other factors are also contributing to my ill health but hoping yo start work again in december if i pass the companies financial checks so declared that i have been in sn iva that is due to complete. But how long can this completion process take as its been 20 months since final payment.....and why are my payments not yet showing on my creditors records yet if closure has been progressed for so long? Does the third party company have any rights on my iva claim as grant thornton has sent me a leytrr saying they had NOT approved their contact?

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:50 pm
Any help for Elaine's questions ?
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:05 pm
Hi. Completion by GT is usually a slow process, but, if PPI is not an issue, should not be taking this long.

I take it, from your final comment, that Expert Insolvency have not been engaged by GT. If this is the case politely tell them that you do not wish them to pursue any PPI investigation and that you confirm that you are satisfied that no PPI was mis-sold and that you have already had claims paid out on the policies.

If they have not been engaged by GT nor by you they have no claims whatsoever and no place in the process.

Regarding balances ---- by statements from creditors rarely showed payments into the accounts and there are a few reasons for this, as far as I understand the mechanics: Some creditors set up "dummy" accounts to receive the payments, then simply write of the actual account at the end of the IVA. Some creditors are represented by agents who are receiving the monies on their behalf. Again this will be being accounted for separately and the loan will also be written off at the end of the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”