CCP have sent me claim forms for compensation. Do the same rules apply as PPI claims ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
21 posts Page 2 of 2

Jayne.pn

Post by Jayne.pn » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:49 pm
I will forward it to my IP MerlinL14. However I find it strange that it was sent to me even after I requested it to be sent directly to my IP. I am pretty sure that there will be many other people who will also struggle to resist the temptation to put it straight in the bank.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:41 pm
Whilst these are relatively small sums, every little helps so to speak!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

MikeyM

Post by MikeyM » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:46 pm
I've received a cheque direct made out to me also. Presumably it's ok to pay into my account to clear and then pay over to IVA. Don't forget your additional tax if you are 40% taxpayer. You don't want HMRC using their new powers going dipping into your account to get it themsleves if you don't pay up.

newboy

Post by newboy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 pm
All just to say it is definitely worth checking with your IP. I have posted my cheque of £207 to StepChange, see what they are saying below after I advised them of receiving the cheque:

Thank you for your recent email and for making me aware of your successful claim against Card Protection Plan Limited (CPP).

In your original proposal you did not include any card protection compensation claims.

I understand that at the time you put forward your proposal you may not have been aware of your right to make this claim. However, if you had been aware of this it would have formed a part of the assets included in your IVA.

I would therefore propose that you include this as an asset for the benefit of your creditors in order to maximise the return to them.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 pm
I am fine with you doing that MikeyM.

And I agree with the Stepchange stance.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

scoobydooby

Post by scoobydooby » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:13 pm
update

told my IP and they told me to pay it all over to them - which I have now done

c'est la vie
21 posts Page 2 of 2