I don't want to sign the Deed of Assignment. I have fulfilled all aspects of original contract.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
47 posts Page 3 of 4

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 pm
Hi all I'm in my last 6 months of my iva and this variation has landed on my door matt my iva was extended by 12 month as no equity release via a remortgage was avaliable
In year 4
If I sign this can they revisit this to try for a secure loan or is this matter delt with as they did confirm that it was at the time in wrighting
I'm worried about signing as I don't want a loan for 5 years after being in a iva for 6 years
But I also want this over asap they can keep any ppi they manage to get it just want this over

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:52 pm
Once the extension is completed the property is excluded as creditors cannot have both. I am unclear why there is a need for a variation as the extension is usually automatic.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:43 am
I've checked the land registry and dfd still have a listed intrest in my property would this still be the case until the iva is over or as I've had the extension should this now be removed
If the property is seltzer with it must be the ppi they are after ??

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:45 am
Delt *

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 am
The restriction will remain in place until the IVA is successfully completed but that does not mean you have to attempt to remortgage again.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 am
OK thank you I will call to see where they are going in relation to the changer to terms and conditions as at this point I don't see them so why change ?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 am
I agree that there seems no reason for any changes to your terms and conditions at this time. It could be just a deed of assignment but have a word with Laura from DFD who posts here.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:04 am
Fatsnacka -- I am getting confused. WHAT has landed on your doorstep? A variation regarding equity or a request to sign a PPI deed of assignment?

If it is a DoA and you refuse to sign the simple fact is that your IVA will not complete until such time as the IP is satisfied that all PPI has been gathered in.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:43 am
It seems both its askingme to sign a deed of assignment but this also changes the terms and conditions iva think there trying to add the secured loan aspect to the iva but the property aspect was delt with last year

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:51 am
The deed of assignment is only to do with PPI and I doubt they are asking for the secured loan - you can always refuse that part if they are.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:19 pm
As Kallis says --- tell them you are happy with a DoA dealing with PPI only.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:23 pm
OK spoke to them today they say the deed of assignment is not worth signing unless I agree to the 2014 update
But these are 2 separate documents they have sent
They have said the property aspect will not be revisited if I agree to the new terms also they say this is only to chase the ppi after the certificate is released
I have asked them to confirm this in wrighting before I sign the new terms and deed of assignment
Any advice on this please as I get the feeling something ain't right

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:59 pm
Personally I wouldn't sign anything changing the terms and conditions -- I imagine ( as has happened before) there is more there than meets the eye. There is no logic to their statement that one is no good without the other.

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:04 pm
Agreed foggy

I will sign the deed of assignment but will disagree with the terms change I think and see what happens I will do thins I week or so to see if the letter saying they won't go for the property first but they seem a little shady to me lol

Fatsnacka

Post by Fatsnacka » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:42 am
OK so I've spoken to equity in finance who chase all ppi claims and they have confirmed there are no outstanding ppi to chase they are putting this into wrighting for me and are forward this to dfd

So cackling to my original question why the deed of assignment and changes to the terms and conditions??
47 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”