Creditfix - A good news story about CC issue

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 pm
For those of you worried about the length of time Creditfix may take to to issue your CC here’s a good news story. IVA agreed on 18/6/2010 through PJG and first payment made straight away ... my final payment fell in May this year and like many, wondered how long I’d have to wait for my CC knowing Creditfix weren’t very good at communication! On 18 June this year I received a letter from them to sign relating to PPI so they could then issue my CC and it was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening! I certainly didn’t expect it this quick .. will now keep an eye on the insolvency register until my name drops off.
My IVA ran smoothly without the need to contact my IP until it came to the equity release stage. I had the same equity release issues that many are currently getting relating to how they work it out but I stood my ground and they agreed with my version after checking my proposal. Luckily I can work overtime at work so this helped me earn a bit extra and I paid anything extra over each month and sent my wage slips each month.
A huge weight has now been lifted and I can finally start to get life back on track.
Good luck to those of you coming to the end of your IVAs and hope they complete as smoothly as mine.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:34 am
Congratulations[:D]

hwima

Post by hwima » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:04 am
Congratulations. Unfortunately for me GT seem to be the worst when it comes to issuing CCs so I don't expect much from them come the time.
*IVA started Sept 2010
*Last Payment Taken August 2015
*Completion Certificate Issued November 2015

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:49 am
Great News [:D] enjoy being debt free.. and good to hear some positive CF feedback
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

fruitloop

Post by fruitloop » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:23 am
Congratulations marathonman! We're approaching the end of our IVA with creditfix,just wondering if you had a final review or did you just make your last payment and that was it.

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:41 am
They do a final review to make sure you've paid everything due but not the same as the yearly reviews you normally do as there is no I&E to submit. They didn't ask me for anything but I always emailed them my payslips each month .. they'll likely ask for those if you don't send them as the need to check you haven't done overtime that's not been declared. For me I made my last payment in May and then heard nothing ... even though I emailed asking them to confirm it was my final payment! Communication is their downside!

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:12 am
Congratulations Marathonman! What a great feeling.
I'm on the countdown with credit fix myself too. When did they conduct your final review out of interest, and did they contact you about it? I've gone through equity release, and my last payment is due in October. Did they ask for wageslips and bank statements too?
Enjoy your debt free future!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:14 am
Onward and upward, marathonman :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:43 am
Lou
I made my final payment in May and the CC is date 30 June so guess the final review took place somewhere in between. The only contact i had was to sign the letter relating to PPI which was sent on 18 June so it was wrapped up quickly after that. I always sent my payslips each month .. I guess they'll ask for them if you don't send them. They didn't ask for anything else though.
Hope yours finishes as easily.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 pm
Thanks for that marathon man. I guess I will just sit tight and wait then! They do seem to be quite efficient when it comes to CCs from yours and previous posts, as you say though, just not much communication in between! I suppose we must just work on the theory that no news is good news.
I have instructed Clifford Watts to investigate PPI, and I believe thats nearly done, so hopefully that will speed it up too.
Enjoy your extra money!

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:32 pm
Well done marathonman, great news, enjoy your future, im pleased you got your CC so soon after completion, just a word of warning too anyone else nearing completion though, ive been waiting over 7 months for my CC since final payment was made and still not received my CC, i have found them absolute garbage at dealing with it.

zee

Post by zee » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 am
Great news indeed Marathonman.
l am coming to the end of my IVA in a few month's time with McCambridge and l hope they are one of the good ones in issueing completion certificates.
So far they have been very good over the past years.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:36 am
Hi Zee. Unless there are any particular problems McCD are one of the faster firms at getting things tied up, but a lot does depend upon outside factors.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”