F and F with payplan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
57 posts Page 3 of 4

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed May 25, 2016 2:31 pm
The point is regardless of the IP firm there are rules that the IP has to stick to and a complaint can be validly brought about if they do not adhere to them, in the same way as the debtor has to abide by the terms.

Personally I would point it out to the IP in the covering offer letter and follow up with a complaint if they do not stick to the deadlines.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

redmansteve

Post by redmansteve » Wed May 25, 2016 4:07 pm
I have sent the letter from my dad and myself through to them today and he said the supervisor would look at this next week and then send it to the variations team and thats when he stated 3 months. i suppose the only thing i can do is keep chasing them on it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:11 pm
You should do - mine didn't take that long from the final proposal to the meeting so hopefully you will hear something soon.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Happycamper

Post by Happycamper » Wed May 25, 2016 11:23 pm
Hi, just to give you an up to date timescale for Payplan f&f's, my friend's offer was sent to her caseworker on 29 February, and her variation meeting is 14 June. She badgered them every week. She also insisted that any payments made in the interim must be deducted from the offer. This was written into the proposal. No mention of bankruptcy. Good luck!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:28 am
Good news about the BR - perhaps they are finally realising that people will insist it is taken out of any proposals.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

redmansteve

Post by redmansteve » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:01 pm
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know I've had a response today saying the supervisor has authorized the meeting to offer the lump sum and that the information has been passed over to the variations team in case they need any more info. what kind of info would they be looking for?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:08 pm
They shouldn't need anything else - I take it you have signed the necessary paperwork?
Bob Marley.

redmansteve

Post by redmansteve » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:26 pm
I've only sent the letters from myself to them I've not had anything to sign yet i was told i will get something once the variation team have gone over it.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:30 pm
You should have - I had paperwork to sign but do make sure there is nothing in there about bankruptcy and if there is, get them to take it out and they will.
Bob Marley.

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:10 pm
We started ours by phone April 14th. May 24th the variation team contacted us with requests for variuos receipts proving our budgeted allowances. I did this straight away and 2 days later they increased our payments marginally (our water bills had gone down) since then nothing through yet so I politely emailed the variation team yday and she said the paperwork is being drawn up and will be with us shortly. I presume then once we receive, sign and return it the meeting will prob be in a few weeks (based on what other payplan posters have said) we'll see! so I reckon it really will be a 3 month process!
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

redmansteve

Post by redmansteve » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:55 pm
I've just recieved a message from the variations team, asking me to supply the reasons i want to finish the iva early (i already put this in the original letter) a signed letter from my dad stating he will pay it and proof of rent( i pay board to my parents so i have reciepts) and proof of child maintanance which i pay monthly. Would i need to do another letter reiteraring why i want the iva to finish early?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:36 pm
Speak to them tomorrow - tell them to check their system as you have already sent in a letter telling them the reason and that should be sufficiengt.

They will need proof from your Dad and also make sure they know the money is only available for the full and final and will be withdrawn if it's rejected.
Bob Marley.

redmansteve

Post by redmansteve » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:34 am
Hi Guys,

Just thought i would post an update, i have received my paperwork from payplan to sign and return so they can arrange the meeting. the only mention of bankruptcy is in the comparison of what creditors would get as opposed to the arrangement but nothing else about them making me bankrupt. everything else looks in order so i will be signing and returning it today so fingers crossed!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:38 am
The comparison figure, hopefully, will show they are better off not going for BR. Fingers crossed, Steve.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:42 am
That's all we had in ours re BR. so I signed and scanned it back!Good luck.
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017
57 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”