IVA query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

sunkendrailer

Post by sunkendrailer » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:04 am
Hi guys. I have a question which I hope an expert can answer for me.
I entered into an IVA on 26th May 2010 (so the six years has recently expired)!
This is brilliant and my IVA has dropped off my credit record, and I'm well on the way to repairing my battered credit record.
However, there is ONE default still showing from an account that was included in the IVA. The default on this account was set to several months later, so won't drop off my file until early in 2017 at the current state.
I was advised at the time, that all defaults should be set to the date of the IVA being set up (ie 26th May 2010), and therefore, this one should have been too.
I am wanting to get this default removed from my credit record, as I don't think it's fair or right that I should need to wait another year for that default to go, when it was in the original IVA.
All my other creditors that were included set the default date correctly to 26th May 2010, but this one company has not.
I did contact Credit Expert earlier this year, but they came back and said the creditor in question would refuse to amend this.
Are they legally obliged to, and can I send them a letter and a copy of my completion certificate to get this default removed?
Ironically, this particular debt was the lowest of all of them included in the IVA, and just for peace of mind, I want this final default removed now so I can start building my credit record again.
I believe I am right in thinking that as it was included in the IVA, they should date the default to that date, and hence it should have dropped off with all the others on 26th May 2016.
I had several defaults in the IVA, and all bar this one have now gone, but this one left is still adversely affecting me.
Advice would be really great.

Thanks all.
Now debt free after F&F in July 2012.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 am
Hi there, my understanding is the default should be dated correctly, i.e the date of your IVA commencement. Have a look here, hope this helps.

http://beatmydebt.com/individual-volunt ... -after-iva
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Andy.75

Post by Andy.75 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:02 am
Hi
Im in a very similar situation. My IVA was a 6 yr one which finished March 2016. Everything dropped off my file except for one. After doing some chasing around it turns out that Cabot financial bought one of my debts that was in the IVA 12 months after i started the IVA. Ive now contacted all parties and got the ball rolling to have it removed. Fingers crossed

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:13 am
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sunkendrailer

Post by sunkendrailer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 am
Ok - I got a template letter to send to the one creditor, but they are not responding (nor have they responded to Experian). What do I do now? This default was INCLUDED in my IVA which has dropped off my credit record. This default should have gone at the same time.
It's a very urgent matter, because a new job I am going for requires a credit check as part of their vetting system.
My record is now completely clean except for this one erroneous default which should NOT even be there. I need to get this removed as a matter of urgency, but the creditor is not responding to anybody.
HELP!!

ginger323232

Post by ginger323232 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:16 am
To need to allow (?? 28 days) for them to respond - if they fail to do this, then you need to use the ICO website and register a complaint against the company. Attach all your documentation when you register the complaint with the ICO

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am
Did you send the letter to the Data Controller? If not then you need to do so and send the letter recorded delivery so they cannot say they haven't had it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sunkendrailer

Post by sunkendrailer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 pm
Hi everyone. Have to say, fair play to my creditor. I wrote directly to them sending a copy of my completion certificate and chairmans report. Within 24 hours the said default has been removed and my credit rating shot up by more than 350 poInts. Am finally at the end of a very long and winding road. IVA and all defaults gone from my record and rebuilding fast. I am able to start from a clean page and it feels so good.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:37 pm
Good to hear you got it sorted and thank you for updating the forum.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

sunkendrailer

Post by sunkendrailer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:08 am
Another quick update to show those just embarking on this road that it is all worth while. I have had my IVA and all defaults removed from my credit record after six years and (I know this is just a guide and shouldn't be taken too literally), my Experian credit rating in the last 14 days has gone from a VERY POOR 143 to a GOOD 811. That's an incredible improvement in such a short space of time. Any future credit that I get will be on a needs must basis - I have learned over the last six years to live well within my means, and the IVA road was a valuable lesson in life as well as helping me over the rocky road.
To those just setting out, please stick with it. It is NO failure to embark upon an IVA, it's a case of dealing with the problems, and I am so so glad that I found this forum way back in 2010. I did not know anything about IVAs, and had I not found this forum, I would certainly still be in deep debt even now.
Instead, all I have now is a Vanquis credit card (which I pay off monthly), which is helping to rapidly repair my credit record.
Such a bright future ahead. Good luck everyone.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:11 am
Excellent post sunkendrailer and it shows current and potential posters that you can come out the other side.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:15 am
Yes, great post thank you.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”