If I cannot stay on interest only mortgage I cannot continue. Devastating after 5 years

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
147 posts Page 5 of 10

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:57 am
Hi Kentgirl, Payplan just said to me from the off that it will be at least 3 months as they just have a huge back log. Hopefully yours won't take as long. I did chase but due to affordability (they decreased our payments by 15%) and the fact they gave us a 2 month payment break first of all, the wait didn't matter so much, but like you I'm impatient so it played on my mind the whole time. Keep pestering your case officer (not sure if you use payplanplus) but I always got responses super quick. I can't describe how happy I feel with ours being done - albeit still a long way off from CC and credit files clear but for me right now that isn't an issue. I really hope you get your's sorted sooner as your circumstances are very different from ours and rather urgent and hopefully with pestering they will push yours through quicker. Good luck :)
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:58 pm
If you're not on Payplan Plus then you should think about joining. It's an excellent tool for keeping up to date with your IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 pm
Thanks Lisa I'll chase up.
I have got payplan plus Kallis, just never really used it. Interesting though Kazza if you got quick responses via it. I usually correspond by email and they take days to respond!
Iva completed with a F&F. Completion certificate received Jan 2017

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:56 pm
I used Payplan Plus from day one. You can see all payments made monthly, a summary of payment totals to date etc, all your creditors and best of all you get to e-mail your case officer who should (well they did with us) the same day. It's very useful and I'm still checking mine as I can see our final funds having been paid and next payment to be made is ZERO! :)
IVA started Sept 2012, Full & Final accepted Aug 16th 2016 & CC issued 10th Jan 2017

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 pm
I loved Payplan plus - apart from quick replies it was great to be able to keep an eye on things.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:03 pm
Awesome thanks. Sorry for being a pain. It helps to be around those that understand. I think half the reason this drives me nuts is cause hardly anyone knows so I can't say why I'm sad

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 pm
You are not a pain - most of us have been there so know what you are going through.

You can talk to us at anytime.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:17 pm
As Kallis says, you are not being a pain. For many of us the only others that know we are in an IVA ( apart from the IP, his firm and the creditors) are those of us on here. It is a good place to have a rant, bounce ideas or just have a laugh sometimes.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:24 pm
Thank you so much. I would say you've no idea how grateful I am but it sounds like you do!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 pm
We've all been there and this forum is a lifeline.
Bob Marley.

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:57 pm
Latest reply from payplan after I asked for an update. From looking in to your file I can confirm that the new paperwork for the meeting proposal is in preparation. Once this has been finalised a copy will be sent out to you and cone returned signed and dated we can then get the meeting booked for you.

Disappointed that the meeting hasn't been done yet, especially as I know they have to give creditors 28 days notice :-(

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:03 pm
Keep pestering them - it does sometimes work.
Bob Marley.

Kazza

Post by Kazza » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:36 pm
Hi again Kentgirl, That was the same with us. Think I was told over the space of about 3 weeks the proposal was in prep etc. I kept chasing via payplan plus and well you know the rest. Got the proposal 2nd July 16 and scanned it back (this was a saturday) then first thing Monday my case officer confirmed the meeting was 16th August! I know that won't fill you with joy but that's how ours was. Keep pestering though as Kallis says. Hope this helps slightly.

kentgirl

Post by kentgirl » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:11 pm
*Update*
Spoke to Payplan this evening. They contacted me because they were surprised I had made a payment this month. I told them I would because I have an IVA agreement! They said that they weren't expecting an IVA payment from me as my I&E shows that I cannot afford the IVA with the increase in my mortgage payments (from interest to repayment). They have advised that I make no further IVA payments and use the money to pay my increased mortgage payments. At the moment I have only paid the interest only portion as I can't afford both.

I asked how the variation meeting was coming along and they said the circulars have been prepared and it looks like they are with a third party for review, before being sent. I'm told this means I'm 2/3 way through the process. I hope so!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:16 pm
There is a certain logic to what they are saying -- when I could no longer make payments I was told to stop -- but, as three missed payments constitute a breach I had them formally agree a break.

Their arguement for not paying was that I was seeking a variation on the basis I couldn't pay and the creditors would be less likely to agree if they see you CAN pay ( albeit living on bread and water at the time!)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
147 posts Page 5 of 10
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”