Finnished!!!!!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
38 posts Page 3 of 3

baldy

Post by baldy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:25 pm
That's intresting Andrea. I have a group of defaults that are dated about 2 years after the IVA was approved because I think that's when Max Recovery took them all over.

I was going to do what Foggy is doing and just wait and see what happens!!!!

I really do want to get our file's sorted to sort out the car situation.
I know the dealership do their credit checks with Experian.

LISA: 2-3 weeks!!!! blimey that really would be good news if that could happen. BUT im not going to hold my breath!!

Andrea: Living the dream in Spain debt free. Blimey that must feel amazing!! Just to let you know we have had some really hot days over here[8D].
Im just going to have to wait and see what happens I guess.

When it comes to Experian and the others can they only update their information on a monthly basis or can they change it during the month?

Kind regards.
Debt free Baldy[:D][:D]

Piglet71

Post by Piglet71 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:01 pm
Hi, my 6 years was up at the end of July 16 with a couple of defaults dated 3/8 but i was keen and requested statutory reports on 4/8. Experian was only one showing one default left but i requested the report again a few days ago and it's now gone so maybe they update each time it's requested? It's so good to have clean files and just been accepted for a new bank account who also offered me a credit card with a £5k limit! Didn't accept of course!
Last edited by Piglet71 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:24 pm
Good news Piglet - glad you got it sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:35 pm
Well done Piglet. It's a bit of a double edged sword but a reasonable credit limit actually improves your creditworthiness. Apparently a low credit limit is viewed with suspicion.

Personally I am happy with my relatively low limit, as it is all I am likely to need in any emergency and, if I am the victim of card fraud they won't get much before it is maxed out !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

baldy

Post by baldy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:07 am
Hi everybody.

I had a look on the registry yesterday and our status has changed on that to: Agreement Finished.

So at least in know they have been given the up to date information.

Piglet: That sounds like well good service to be updated that quick.

It looks like the key thing for us is going to be to wait until the 6 year anniversary is up and then see what comes off and what stays on!!!

Baldy.

Hope you all have a nice Bank Holiday weekend.[8D]

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:05 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by baldy

That's intresting Andrea. I have a group of defaults that are dated about 2 years after the IVA was approved because I think that's when Max Recovery took them all over.

I was going to do what Foggy is doing and just wait and see what happens!!!!

I really do want to get our file's sorted to sort out the car situation.
I know the dealership do their credit checks with Experian.

LISA: 2-3 weeks!!!! blimey that really would be good news if that could happen. BUT im not going to hold my breath!!

Andrea: Living the dream in Spain debt free. Blimey that must feel amazing!! Just to let you know we have had some really hot days over here[8D].
Im just going to have to wait and see what happens I guess.

When it comes to Experian and the others can they only update their information on a monthly basis or can they change it during the month?

Kind regards.
Debt free Baldy[:D][:D]
Hi Baldy, checked credit files and all clean, 3 defaults gone and IVA in under 2 weeks. I don't know if the IVA dropped off the file so fast because we did a full and final last year. Life is good!!!
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

andrea1968

Post by andrea1968 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:11 pm
I would be having words with the companies that bought your debts Baldy, a couple of ours were bought out well in to the iva but all have dropped off at the same time.Not sure if our full and final early last year speeds up the process of clearing the file at the 6 year point.
Last edited by andrea1968 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
full and final accepted January 2015

iva agreed; August 2010
iva would have completed; August 2017
extra year thank's to NRAM

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:52 am
The file will clear up at 6 years regardless of the fact that you finished early but you can make sure that you get any defaults removed that carried on after the start of the IVA, that way when the six years is up the IVA will just drop off.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
38 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”