Which solution is best ? My wife joining in with a joint IVA or using a different IVA company ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Ziby.k

Post by Ziby.k » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:11 pm
Hi there just wish to find out if I'm in Iva with creditfix for some time and now my wife think to do this same think but we are not sure if she will go with creditfix like me they will do a joint Iva or they cannot do this? Or maybe better if she will go to do Iva with different debt company ? Which solution is better pls let me know

watzki

Post by watzki » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 pm
There is no such thing as a joint IVA,if a couple are in an iva together the ivas are interlocking basically two ivas with one set of I and E and one review every year.

Somebody will be along with more advice
Today 1st of December 2016 the vultures finally flew away

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:24 pm
It is entirely up to you and your wife to decide. As your IVA is already running it will carry on the same and will not be made to join with your wife's IVA. If you are happy with Creditfix, stay with them, if not, speak to a few more firms.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:15 pm
Hi and welcome,

No it will not be a joint one - do agree that your wife should speak to more than one company.

Vincent Bond (details under the ask an expert link on the left hand side of the page) can be spoken to for some free advice.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:13 pm
IVA stands for individual voluntary arrangement so each person has to be treated on their own. If you were advised to enter an IVA before and your wife left exposed perhaps it would be better if she sought advise from a different IP.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”