I have been transferred to Creditfix and now getting offers of loans to pay off IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Jackied3813

Post by Jackied3813 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:33 pm
My IVA has been transferred to Credit Fix, I am now getting calls from companies offering me loans to pay off the remainder of my IVA. I have refused as that is what got me into this mess in the first place but do I have any comeback to Creditfix who have obviously passed my details on?

headbanger

Post by headbanger » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 pm
Who was your IVA originally set up with
Started a DMP sept '09
IVA since Dec '11
Completion Certificate Dec '16

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:22 am
Check your original paperwork - if there is no mention anywhere of a loan then you can refuse to do it.

You can speak to Creditfix and tell them you are not happy with this and also tell them not to pass anymore details on.

You might find that some of these offers come from companies who have trawled the Insolvency Register and have sent these letters out in the hope that someone will apply.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:02 am
Many of these "offers" do come from Register trawlers, however, some firms do pass on details to "associated" companies. I would imagine that, somewhere deep in the small print, there is a short sentence where we agreed to this. But, as Kallis says, our obligations are bound by the terms of our arrangements, and if secured lending isn't an agreed option you do not have to respond.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 pm
CF seem to be offering unsecured loans through another company. These are unorthodox to say the least and anyone should be very careful about taking on more debt. Surely in most cases it would be better to just let the IVA run its course.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”