CreditFix and equity release

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
79 posts Page 6 of 6

Seanj67

Post by Seanj67 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:43 am
Morning all,

Just to perhaps reassure anyone worried about the secured lending issue. I finally got through to "closures" at Creditfix and was reminded that they had put me in touch with Just Lending. When I said I had no desire to go down the secured loan route thy said that was fine and I just needed to send screen shots of banks refusing me a re-mortgage and that that I was now already 2 months into my final year extension. Luckily most banks ask you to confirm you haven't entered an IVA or been declared bankrupt on the first screen - so that was easy. I'm also going to send a copy of the rejection letter from my current provider as they did take me through the process.I#d already checked my credit score so I knew I'd fail... although it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:12 pm
Thanks for that! Out of interest did just lending contact you? i have had the CF letter but no call
As yet

headbanger

Post by headbanger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:37 pm
I had a call from Just lending but I explained I've two payments left and they said they would get back in touch with CF (their sister company) to let them know the score. I also called CF and they said that they were contacting clients who had not missed any payments etc to see if they could help end Iva with a secured loan instead of equity release. They said there was a mix up in my case as I had no equity in my propert to trigger that part of my IVA
Started a DMP sept '09
IVA since Dec '11
Completion Certificate Dec '16

Seanj67

Post by Seanj67 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:36 am
Yes, it's funny they mention working "with" Creditfix as one of the companies they represent. I guess they are just doing their job, but like most sales pitches, they word it very carefully. They didn't use the word " Option" in my call until I said I wasn't doing it, but did use the phrase " that's the normal route at the end of year five"..... I think not.
79 posts Page 6 of 6
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”