Wondering what Harington Brooks would do if I received back pay

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Fiona.42

Post by Fiona.42 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:03 am
Hi, I am currently in an IVA with Harington Brooks, and just wondered what HB would do if I received a back pay, payment due to a regrade in my job, would they take all the back pay, some, or none? It's not set in stone may not even happen but would be nice to know whether we could spend the money or not, (need a new car). Thanks in advance

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:17 am
Different IP's do seem to treat such things differently, but I would say that you would be entitled to keep half of it (possibly more depending upon where the pay dates fall in relation to your annual review). Usually pay rises are yours in total until the next review when they are taken into account from then on.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 am
You could argue that this money should have been paid earlier and ask to calculate any IVA money based on what would have happened had you been paid when you ought to have been. This could work in your favour.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

clanger

Post by clanger » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:47 am
Fiona.42
I'm with HB and the same happened to me, recalculated my monthly income +10% for any extra income like bonus or overtime, then they asked for my wage slips from when my new rate started to see if any extra payments had to be made if I was above the new monthly rate....I hope this makes sense......email them and put all the information down and then they will be back with their review, at the end of the day if there is any extra to pay it will soon be found when you send them your yearly I&E report.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”