IVA Help Please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:18 pm
Hi Stu,

I had three on your list as creditors and all voted to accept, my total debt was £68k.

Your creditors will go for whichever solution gives them the best dividend and IVAs generally give a much higher return nearly all the time.

As has been posted, your IP wouldn`t have gone to the effort and expense of drafting your IVA if they weren`t fully confident it would be accepted.

I know It`s a stressfull time waiting for that meeting, believe me we`ve all been in exactly the same position as you, but less than a week to go now.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:19 pm
It is unlikely that creditors will vote before Friday afternoon and some leave it until the last minute. I suggest calling last thing Friday afternoon to see what is in and if enough votes are in then it lets you have a better weekend.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

stu1970

Post by stu1970 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:47 pm
I will do that Thank you for the advice
s marsh

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:04 pm
I am sure it will be ok but, as Michael says, the IP is not likely to sort it out before the date.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”