Last payment tomorrow 😊

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2

Jo.58

Post by Jo.58 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:18 am
Goosed, yeah I still can't believe it really, it's just so scary how quickly it has gone.
When we first started out, I kept thinking 5 years so long, but once you get use to the budgeting it's becomes second nature and something that I will take forward with me, it has taught me to be frugal
It's not always been easy by any means but worth it.
The best thing and hardest thing I did was to realise that we needed help, to find this site, and pick up the phone and speak to Mel's team. Never once were we made to feel bad, never judged.
Even when our iva was transferred to creditfix, the experience was streamless I was worried at first, but have had no probs
So my advice for anyone looking on this site for information, do your research , talk to the guys on here, ask their advice, read the threads and don't be afraid to pick up the phone. Being in debt lead me to have a breakdown i couldn't see anyway out, very dark time for me, how things have changed. So don't give up and good luck to anyone just starting out x
IVA started 14/10/11
CC received 31/10/16

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:19 am
Well done Jo and good luck. Enjoy!!!

Cath

Post by Cath » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:07 pm
Congrats Jo!

Out of interest, have you had your completion certificate as yet?

I made my final payment a few days ago, so am interested to hear, did you get anything from CF to confirm that you had completed?

Last I heard on mine was that a manager was going to get back to me as there appeared to be a cock up on the payment schedule, they had me down to complete next March. That was a month ago and heard nothing since!
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

headbanger

Post by headbanger » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:56 pm
Well done Jo.

I'm six days behind you with my last payment.

And just to add to this post because Mel popped in to say Hi, I would like to say many thanks to Mel and her team. PJG were the best and saved me from getting a stomach ulcer from stress in the early days. Mel and her team were a dream to work with in all aspects of IVA process.
Started a DMP sept '09
IVA since Dec '11
Completion Certificate Dec '16

Ta Dah

Post by Ta Dah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:17 pm
Well done Jo. Now the living begins

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:07 am
Well done - time to open that bottle of champagne :-) x
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:18 pm
Well done!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Jo.58

Post by Jo.58 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:02 pm
Hi Cath
Sorry only just seen your msg, I still drop in to read the forum habit I guess lol

Yes received cc actually 2 weeks and one day after payment made, just came with a letter/report

We then received an email saying that a company would be in touch regarding Ppi but have heard nothing
Don't think it's quite sunk in yet that it has finished
Hope you get you're cc soon x
IVA started 14/10/11
CC received 31/10/16

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:29 pm
Great news and please do keep posting on the firum. Your IVA journey will help to inspire others just starting or mid way through theirs .... your contributions will be valued I am sure.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”