Debt matters

56 posts Page 4 of 4

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:48 pm
WOW again !

Thanks Phil. It will be interesting to see what DM sends to its customers as a result of this. If I hadn't been a member of this forum, I would have been none the wiser about something that could, realistically, have a huge effect on my future.

Thank you to all who have brought this to light.

As a PS I can also see why Mark Prideuax was never available as my IP - he's also a director.
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:51 pm
He had bigger fish to fry !!!!!

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:00 pm
Phil wrote:

He had bigger fish to fry !!!!!
That was no fish - it was a whale !

He's been like the Scarlet Pimpernel ever since he started handling my account !!!

Still, as I once recall a certain spin machine saying, "Things Can Only Get Better" !!
There's light at the end of the tunnel - it's just that sometimes the tunnel seems so long.

IVA Complete June 2009

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:46 pm
I am an IP and a director of my company and still manage to deal with all of my client queries! But then again I am not supervising 8,500 IVAs!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

joh71262

Post by joh71262 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:02 pm
Well I'd be worried if you had time for that, 8500 IVA's AND to post on here !!!

IVA Complete June 2009

Robbiecat

Post by Robbiecat » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:22 pm
Thats because you and your team work so hard Melanie! I've often felt when contacting your office that because of the prompt and professional service you and your team give, it's almost like you guys have nothing better to do that sit next to the phone, waiting for me personally to ring so that you can answer my queries because I'm your only client! [:D]

Of course, this *IS* all about me, you know....[:D]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:25 pm
Thanks Robbiecat! I will pass your comments on to my team who actually deserve the recognition as they really do work hard.

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:28 pm
Judging by the feedback on this forum there will come a time when ever increasing business means that even Melanie has to take on a partner / deputy I.P. to share the load!!!!

I would like to be a fly on the wall when she interviews the candidates!!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:26 pm
Funnily enough I have a new insolvency practitioner starting with me in April! I have known her for about 20 years, and we qualified together, so we are looking forward to expansion - and I will have to get her posting on the forum!

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:24 am
That is interesting news. And it must be great to expand a business with someone you already know - hope it all goes smoothly.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

greenback

Post by greenback » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:08 pm
Hello all,

Thanks for the great input on the forum about debtmatters!

I am a customer of theirs and have 3 years to run on my IVA of which I have a faultless payment history thus far. I was as shocked as everyone to read all this information and when I recently got a letter confirming a transfer of ownership of my IVA and a change of supervisor I was worried sick.

I managed to speak to DM about this and all they would say is that all of their IVA cases had now been moved to anoter IP. I had taken the time to read the letter from my new supervisor/IP and was worried to note there we now 3 changes being made to my existing IVA.

The first 2 which admin changes i.e. change of IP and change of supervisor but the 3rd was to inform me that the current IP fees set at 15 percent would be increased to 25 percent once I sign on the dotted line! I confirmed this to DM whole just told me " dont worry it wont effect your pay plan and if the creditors dont like it they will chuck it out" but what is frustrating to me is the fact that this new IP gets and increase of fees from my payments pot and I get nothing and a rubbish service from DM.

They only time they were bothered was when it was annual review time and after that I heard nothing, so in some ways I am happy I am being transferred but in others I am worried now as if DM were so slack and the new IP is a lot tougher the next 3 years could be a nightmare for me.

I have this frustrating clause as most do as well that means any bonus etc I receive over 500 pounds is to be paid into the pot. This really annoys me as I rely on my bonus to buy things dropping to bits around the house - to be fair the new IP has said they would take anything I really needed to buy into consideration if I send them a receipt if I spend this out of my bonus payment, but I dont know what to believe.

I had a bonus a few months ago and told DM I needed this to pay for some repairs to my car and they said thats fine and nothing more was said of it - now what happens if this new IP suddendly demands I pay this bonus into the pot and DM can not provide them with details of our conversation regarding my car bill payments?

The main concern I have is that things I have done and agreed with DM may been seen differently with another IP and where do I find the money to pay anything owed back if the new IP goes hardcore on me?

Regards green
56 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “IVA postbag for march”