I don't know whether to fill out the PPI pack or what to do ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Laura.18

Post by Laura.18 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:49 pm
Been trying to close my IVA since February and was told that I needed to see if I had any PPI on any of my debts. I know I haven't so I advised several times that I didn't want to pursue PPI and they said to just fill the cancellation form and they would close my account. On sending the paperwork in April I didn't hear anything and chased up several times to no avail. Then received a letter asking for my payslips etc, after writing emails and letters I finally got a response when I sent a complaint and was told no pack or paperwork was sent back. Another one was sent and I did the same thing said I wanted to cancel the PPIas i know I have none. The girl who has been calling me has not been clear nor has any correspondence I think I've ever received! I didn't even get notification it was paid off!!!!! They now tell me unless I fill the pack out it can't be closed which is ridiculous as I've never been told this information, although the girl says she told me before and I assumed it was the paperwork. She also proved they are lying as she asks me if I've received the pack when they know I've sent the cancellation form back twice! They are making me out to be a bad person saying I'm not cooperating and that they have to take it further if I do not fill the forms out which I consider threatening and explaining my situation I never get sympathy or assistance they just want more money out of this! My case has also been passed around so I've not spoken to the same person. I will tell everyone not to uses DFD it's been a nightmare, I don't know now whether to fill out the PPI pack or what to do I don't trust them.

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:54 pm
Sit tight till November if you can (see the couple of posts above) if they the Ip company losses their case of appeal then the tables will turn. Also if you feel you are being put under duress write to your IP, it may come in very useful in a while

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:37 pm
It sounds like they are asking you to fill in an assignment document, which is normal.

You can either assign the PPI over to them so they can issue your cc or wait for the to bottom out the PPI position. I would think the assignment is the best way to deal with it.

The November hearing outcome will make no difference to you as you are still in your IVA. it will only really be potentially useful to people who have finished their IVAs already who find there is an outstanding PPI to be claimed.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:01 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by sponge

Sit tight till November if you can (see the couple of posts above) if they the Ip company losses their case of appeal then the tables will turn. Also if you feel you are being put under duress write to your IP, it may come in very useful in a while
If the case goes in favour of the debtor the IP will simply not close the IVA until PPI is assigned.

Laura -- why not just let them get on with it, if you are certain there is no PPI it is their loss not yours ! Incidentally, I was certain I had none too .... they found over £8,000.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sponge

Post by sponge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:33 pm
Lisa

Withholding the CC if they don't sign over the PPI apart its moral imperative (making people's lives a total living utter misery after 5 hard years of slog it's coercion, black mail if you will

No it's not "normal" I can only assume you are detached from the reality of being on the boot end of an IVA

Normal takes about two years after you finished your IVA I should know

That's normal

Laura.Harrop

Industry Expert

Post by Laura.Harrop » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:00 pm
Dear Laura.18

Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.
Speak soon.

Thanks,

Laura
DFD Forum Expert
Debt Free Direct

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 pm
Lisa is only reiterating what will be the norm.

Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of ppi, the reality of being in an iva (pre and post) there are 2 sides to any story.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:11 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by sponge

Lisa

Withholding the CC if they don't sign over the PPI apart its moral imperative (making people's lives a total living utter misery after 5 hard years of slog it's coercion, black mail if you will

No it's not "normal" I can only assume you are detached from the reality of being on the boot end of an IVA

Normal takes about two years after you finished your IVA I should know

That's normal
The IP cannot issue a CC if there are still assets to be dealt with.

The debtor can either wait for the IP to clairfy the PPI position or assign the interest over.

The assignment is merely a way of giving the debtor their cc earlier rather than them having to wait for the PPI to be resolved first.

I think it's a sensible approach.

Any PPI refund relating to the pre IVA period is an asset of the IVA estate and therefore needs to be dealt with before the case can be closed.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:00 pm
Hi

We must respect Lisa's professional and experienced advice and opinion on this matter
She is certainly not detached from the reality of being in an IVA

Regards
Andam Davies
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”