I have been in an IVA for 8 YEARS. How can I find out what's going on ? At my whit's end.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

Will.66

Post by Will.66 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:26 pm
I have been in an IVA for 8 YEARS now and have paid back in excess of £41,000 on a total outstanding debt of £21,000, £20,000 pounds of interest and charges seems excessive but I cannot get an answer to any questions in relation to my IVA from the current management company Grant Thornton, the same was true of the previous company Blair Endersby, is there anyway of finding out what's going on as I'm at my whit's end and really want this to end so I can restart my Life! I would also add that there are PPI claims outstanding which will push the amount paid to around £45,00, is it right I should have paid all this money and I'm still in an IVA, can I get monies back? any help you could give would be greatly received and appreciated. best regards

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm
Hi will.66 8 years is too long I was with blair endersby and then transferred to grant Thornton I was not very happy with the way I was treated with Grant Thornton I had too many delays and no contact from them when I paid my last payment I had to contact grant Thornton myself they did not contact me i had to make a complaint to the insolvency practitioners association because i made a complaint I got my completion certificate within weeks you need to contact grant Thornton or make a complaint to the ipa I still have on going ppi with eic even though I recieved my completion certificate last November.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:52 pm
Are you still making payments will66 ?

I think this needs escalating through GT's complaints procedure.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:04 pm
This definitely needs escalating as kazzafunk says. Have you explored GT's complaints procedure? There are lots of people on this forum who can help you. Good luck.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:57 pm
It would appear to be too long and you do need to talk to your IP (easier said than done as I understand it) to find out what is going on.

Be persistent and insist they talk to you to establish just what is happening.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:30 am
Dont mess around. Just ask to make a formal complaint. Certain companies have a stinking attitude regards to customer relations (yes we are customers). Let us know how you get on.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:17 am
Hi

Crazy

I hope you have not been making continued payments ?

A formal complaint using GTs complaints procedure is your next step

Keep us all updated

Regards
Andam Davies

Will.66

Post by Will.66 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:53 am
Thanks for your responses. Helps To no I'm not on my own with this, would add I am not making payments and a complaint will be lodged as soon as I have finished this post, again thank you and best regards to all.

Will.66

Post by Will.66 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:25 pm
sorry to be posting again but I am now at the point of disappear!! already been in this damned IVA for 8 years, now it looks like I'm gonna be in it for another eight!!! I have followed the advice give so kindly but having emailed and called on many occasions I have received no response what so ever regards the status and possible end to this nightmare, With the PPI now claimed its going to be closer to £50,000 pounds paid on debt total of £21,000.Can anyone please help as complaining and emailing Grant Thornton has got me know where and has only lead to my mistrusting anything they do or say, that's is off course if they do say or do anything. I really would appreciate any help or guidance that could be provided as it seems that this is going to go on forever. very best regards

James83

Post by James83 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:36 am
You've paid well over the amount. Not sure if this is right but maybe try citizens advice and the financial ombudsman? Have you still got your original IVA contract, what are the terms on that? Hope you get it sorted!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:49 am
I would suggest you complain to their Regulators via the government gateway at:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 am
Hi I agree with Foggy - as long as you've already written to GT and asked them for a written explanation and told them if you don't get it within say 2 weeks you will be moving to make a formal complaint against your Supervisor. Good luck. Nb you should have been getting a copy of your annual report every year from GT so should have been able to get a bit of a clue as to what's been going on from those...
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:07 am
if you have a read through this topic you can see there full GT complaints procedure, exercise it with time limits on each stage.

you may also be entitled to a refund and compensation due to the way the case has been handled.

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70032

you must have exhausted the official complaints procedure, if you have done this already straight to regulator, no messing, but may be worth one final email to head of risk management.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”