T&C arrived in post today

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 1 of 2

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:26 am
So theyve arrived. In post. From what Ive read of it I dont feel need to sign. Theres nothing in them that wasnt already included...PPI investigation, once a year review, certainly not agreeing to 23% fees when originalproposal the fees were reduced. Nothings changed on my part from what was originally agreed with creditors and dont feel the need that because of a transfer of companys against my wishes warrants another creditors meeting. The creditors have not agreed to these changes. Ive got perfectly acceptable t&cs from 2 years ago and nothings changed. Mel said the transfer wouldnt cause any changes to how my iva is run so im not willing to sign these changes.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:30 pm
Ours came today too. It was funny that they said they had tried to contact us as I know from the phone record that they haven't. Will not be signing either- dividend is low so if they grab 23% it will be even lower.

flossom

Post by flossom » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:41 pm
Got mine too! Just read about the benefits to creditors if we agree to higher fees!!! Still very confused buy that myself. Im another that won't be signing as I'm happy with the T&Cs agreed to when setting up my IVA.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:10 pm
mine too and ditto to all the questions...no contact at all. But I am still worried about the definitions.

I've just spent half an hour typing a post for the forum system to crash telling me the subject was too long...lost it all. :(

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:20 pm
It's funny how my IVA appears to have been clear as day when Mel's company set it up and now it appears to contain an "ambiguity". I really don't think PJG would have left an end untied.

MY PPI was being handled by Clifford Watts and still is, so as far as I am concerned they are doing what they should and Creditfix has no need to change it as there was no issue with it before. Maybe if Creditfix had looked at my paperwork they might have realised this and not needed to send me anything about the PPI.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:42 pm
We didn't even know that PPI needed to be claimed until we broached the subject of possibly F&F settling, which we asked about back in Sept, but we decided we would wait till near end of IVA (next year for 5 yrs). Seriously considering going ahead with F&F and get it sorted, but we still waiting for an answer to that money question that my last email from PJG assured me was being dealt with by CF...hmmm still waiting.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:13 pm
Reassured to know othersin same boat. Gives me more confidence to refuse to sign. These new t&cs are not necessary in my view and as for bringing us in line with others and smooth transition...they onvioysly didnt communicate this when dealing with Mel regarding the transfer. My creditors agreedeverything at the start following months of personal discussion with Mel. Creditfix have triedto callme once while I was at work. Theyve not tried again snd Im not spending my budget chasing them and being kept on hold. They can communicate everything through post and email so theres a clear papertrail incase of issues. I will be emailing them to decline new t&cs and why.

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:24 pm
No matter how I read the new T&Cs they don't benefit me in anyway.

Quite the opposite in fact, so I would decline to sign.

Let's all lock arms... we shall not be moved!

:)
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:49 pm
Stick together guys.

I am sure you will be able to get a wealth of advice on here with any problems.

Don't sign them
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Jo.58

Post by Jo.58 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm
Hi all hubby received his today, still no sign of the review. He said he is not signing no benefit to him, he is happy with his t&c and how his iva has been running (just gone into year 4), has had no contact from CF and says he is not contacting them lol
IVA started 14/10/11
CC received 31/10/16

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 am
I still haven't received anything however I emailed them to advise Cliffard Watts were continuing with are PPI as nearly complete they emailed me back to say that's fine however there own PPI firm will also want to investigate regardless. Not happy one bit
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 am
Ours arrived today as well and I've been trying to call them regarding our more urgent concern, yet no answer.

We won't be signing ours at all.
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

Keiron

Post by Keiron » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:29 am
I also received my T&C yesterday,wont be signing mine,I also think we all need to stick together.

1st review due January 2015.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:08 am
Thanks everyone.
My hubby doesnt understand all the terminology but considering Mels team sent huge wad of a document, has spent time personally in touch with us, called when she said she would, replied promptly if we emailled a query/concern, All creditfix have sent to change such a huge part of our agreement is a cheaply printed, mass posted sheet of paper and wanted23% fees....i dont think so.

peterh

Post by peterh » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:48 pm
Received mine, not signing, sent a mail to Susan Wigglesworth about how poor her office is and no one is helping.

Have to say this is stressful and not needed.

My review due, usually Mels team has done it all, not heard a thing so sent my wage slips and I&E to them so they have everything.

Noone gets back and no one answers

Surely there is some office that is there to protect us and help
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”