Can Creditfix force us to sign new terms and conditions on our existing IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

nellybob

Post by nellybob » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 am
I would like to know if credit fix can force us to sign new terms and conditions on our existing IVA.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:36 am
My understanding is they cannot force you to.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 am
No they cannot force you to and cannot penalise you for not doing so.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Almost done now

Post by Almost done now » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 am
Hi

Think im missing the point on the T&Cs why don't you sign them, it wont cost you any more unless you default and have to pick up the fees?

hubert

Post by hubert » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 am
Definitely not. The nice person (whose name escapes me) at CreditFix who called me to welcome me on board confirmed it's optional and you don't have to sign.

Of course, they would like us to sign because our T&Cs will match their existing clients, which I guess makes things easier. But ultimately, it's work a lot more money to them if we do sign with higher fees.

If you feel they do not benefit you then the sensible thing to do is tell them you'd rather stick with your existing T&Cs.
Last edited by hubert on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:05 am
Almost done now, one of the reasons for my not wanting to sign them is that I want to pay back as much as I can to the creditors and not to a company that has such high fees. There is kind of a moral issue here as well for me, I feel that if I was told things would not change then they should not change regardless of where my money goes. If CF are charging 23% then it also has a knock on effect on people such as Michael Peoples whose company charges a more reasonable rate and this means that smaller companies are pushed even further to the wall.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:06 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Almost done now

Hi

Think im missing the point on the T&Cs why don't you sign them, it wont cost you any more unless you default and have to pick up the fees?
For many it is a matter of principle. Terms have already been agreed with the chosen IP and it adds insult to injury to be first transferred without warning, on the promise that "nothing will change" and then to find everything changing.

Then there is the feeling that the new company shouldn't get higher fees for doing basically, not a lot, all of the hard work has already been done. If you hit 100% of your debt you will then have a lot more still to pay before the IVA could end early.

Finally, for me, I would object to the way these things are done -- offering a small carrot and adding some padding in the hopes that the main object is missed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:25 am
If in your shoes I would personally want the IVA to run smoothly under the same t&C's as I agree originally.

As others have confirmed it not obligatory to sign.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Cleo76

Post by Cleo76 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:58 am
I phoned them for the millionth time yesterday and was told by a lady called Jaimie that I Had to sign the new t&c.
I explained that we actually paid our final payment in Oct and asked if this was the hold up on not receiving anything from them since the transfer. She said it could hold up my completion if I do not sign.
Why can't we speak to anyone other than customer services? In fairness, Jaimie is always polite but I just kept being told to be patient etc. I'm sick of it now.

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 pm
Creditfix know we DO NOT have to agree to sign new T&Cs , I had this at work with a manager saying my staff HAD TO sign zero hours contracts, totally wrong, what are they going to do visit us all with pens put them in our hands and forge our signatures? This sort of bullying makes me more determined not to

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:14 pm
Cannot sign ours anyway, they went on the fire that very evening and helped to keep us warm.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:24 pm
Ivamess: your posts make me chuckle! Hope you had a lovely evening courtesy of our friends at CF!
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”