Creditfix Newsletter

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

vito

Post by vito » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:12 pm
Anyone else get it? They have teemed up with some outfit who have an app which connects to your bank account and provides CF with 3 month bank statements, as if I'm going to trust anyone with my account let alone CF.

--
Did you know, we have a new app from Call Credit that will allow you to submit your bank statements digitally saving you time and hassle?
--

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:23 pm
Received this afternoon - our response to the app is the same as your but interesting to note that they are now only asking for 3 months statements.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:30 pm
There is no way I would let a third party have access to my bank accounts!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sprowstonboy

Post by sprowstonboy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:22 pm
in a couple of words....No chance!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:29 pm
Frustrating really because it's pretty clear they are trying to improve.

Managing the message is what they seem to get tangled up with.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:57 pm
Surely if they were really wanting to improve they should be improving their focus on customer service, getting their decisions correct in the first place and in line with what other IP's are doing, instead of inventing new ways to get the backs up of their customers.

Surely they should realise that no one in their right minds would allow them (especially via a third party app) access to their bank accounts directly.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:03 pm
The fact they aren't in line with some of the other iva companies e.g. approach to ppi is positive.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:41 pm
Would do for me as it's far too invasive
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

recovering

Post by recovering » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:10 am
Lovely newsletter..... the answer is a resounding no no no. If the app let me send bank statements and not let them take them I would probably still say no. Weird idea! I wonder if anyone agreed

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:18 am
I think that's going to be an epic fail!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 pm
Doesn't giving a third party access to your bank account breach the terms and conditions of the account?

God only knows who at CF dreamed up this crazy idea, I'm so glad I'm finished with them!

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:53 pm
I didnt read it that they would have access to bank account. Just a method of emailling statemrnts, but im still notrisking it. Did anyone complete the short survey included in this newsletter??

hubert

Post by hubert » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:39 pm
My bank's online T&C's prohibit disclosing logon credentials to a third party. They also state I am responsible for using devices and software that meets standards and requirements. I could not do that if using Mogo's "smart browser" or app.

We are assured that Apple, Google and Symantec approve or certify this app.

Apple & Google only check an app doesn't violate their store T&Cs (e.g. containing offensive material). Symantec only certify an app is free from viruses or malware.

None of the above companies guarantee that if you use the app that your credentials are safe. They cannot see what an app does internally, or what Mogo's servers do.

I am an app developer, I know how it works.

However, this Mogo app may well be perfectly safe. But I wouldn't attempt to use it.

The UK website is very new. Looks like this outfit comes from Australia.

web.archive.org reveals the website mogobankconnect.com has not been around long. It's registered to Amanda Relton (no company name) : have a look at her profile : https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/profile/arelton

Mogo is a poor choice of name... Google "Mugu" :-)

Addendum : Not saying there's anything inherently wrong with Mogo, just a little "tin-pot" for my liking. Also, if anything goes wrong I don't fancy trying to get help with only an Australian email address to contact.
Last edited by hubert on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:55 pm
Data protection act principles 6, 7 and 8
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”