Really stressed out with Knightsbridge

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 1 of 2

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:34 pm
Really upset and stressed out with my annual review from Knightsbridge.

Is there anyone from Knightsbridge on this forum as I can't seem to get answers?
Currently in an IVA. Not a Financial Professional, any comments expressed are just my opinion.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:04 am
Hi,

Unfortunately there are no experts from Knightsbridge on here.

Is there anyone else who could help you out with your problem?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:23 pm
Hi Kallis

It's complicated I have written them a letter with extra evidence and will call them in a day or so again.

Basically my annual review is all over the place.

1. They have not taken into account any of the additional payments that I have made and saying I have 14 days to do so, but I already have done.

2. They are saying my monthly allowance is highier than it was the previous year, which if this is the case I have paid in over £500 more in additional payments than I needed to.

After my last year review they said nothing was changing and would continue the same. On my review this year when they have done their calculations they have done it based on a highier monthly allowance, and not taken into account any additional payments.

So figures are either wrong or I have not been informed. They have taken into account no additional payments, and have told me they are doubling my monthly payment.

If their figures have changed to what is in their calculations then including all additional payments I have paid over £500 more than needed to . If my calculations from the previous year are right I have still over payed by £40 deliberately to give me some cushioning to make sure I was never under.

Grrrr, so frustrating and can not speak to anyone about it. So Ihave written a letter with Bank Statements showing every payment, normal and additional, payslips and letters theu have sent to me. Hopefully when they get this they will be able to give me some ansers
Currently in an IVA. Not a Financial Professional, any comments expressed are just my opinion.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:27 pm
It does sound weird!

Do you have proof of these extra payments? If so they haven't got a leg to stand on here.

Make sure you send the stuff recorded delivery so they cannot deny having it and I'd also be tempted to attach the letter etc to an email and forward that on to the IP directly.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:08 pm
I would ask for a detailed account of what's gone in your IVA and they should provide this, cross reference with yours and if necessary book a telephone appointment with your IP and go through this.

Sounds like you've done your sums so hopefully you can get the two to agree.

All the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:57 pm
Thats for the support guys.

Whats more frustrating is that all the additional payments that I make are done over the phone with them. Its not like I just do a bank transfer, I phone them up, we discuss it and they take an additional payment of my card.

I will send the letter with proof tomorrow via recorded delivery and will let you know how it goes. Sorry for my rant, carmed down a bit now,

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:30 pm
Sometimes it's good to rant and very valid too. We're always here for support so anytime, but hopefully you won't need us and it'll be sorted.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 pm
Hopefully you can get this sorted and any extra monies paid across to them will show up on your bank account.

We all need to rant sometimes.
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 am
IP's as a profession have stated that they are "misunderstood" and that clients should be at least as knowledgeable as them regarding IVA's (I'v summarised it but that was the meaning).

It sounds like you know enough to get the right outcome.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:44 am
Hi NB - I always advise writing to your IP by recorded delivery if they are the sort of firm that you can't speak to easily. As you are already doing that (and keep a copy) this should hopefully unlock things for you. Let us know how you get on.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:31 pm
You would never have this problem is Lisa was your IP.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:43 pm
Thanks LNE. Not blowing my own trumpet but yes my clients can always get hold of me direct, including my personal mobile number and if I'm not available I will always call back as soon as I'm free. All e-mails get answered promptly too. I guess its one of the benefits from using a small firm instead of an IVA factory.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

nevillebunny

Post by nevillebunny » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:53 pm
Thanks for the advice and support. It is still up in the air. Finally got to speak to someone on Wednesday who was able to help. He checked my Review and agreed it was wrong.
He agreed that my monthly payment should not be doubled as it made no sense.
He also agreed I did not owe them an additional money.
He checked my monthly allowance for the last year and they did increase it at the end of thr previous years review but never communicated it to me. They just communicated my payment would stay the same not that my monthly allowed salary had increased.
By his very own calculation I had overpaid on additional payments by almost £600. He said it would be all sorted and refunded in 48 hours. He emailed me to confirm all this.
I called them back today as I hadn't heard anything to be told it wasn't quite as sorted as I thought and gone to the IP himself to review.
So just as confused at the minute and stressed. I have a letter in one hand saying I owe £53 in 14 days, an email on the other that says they are going to refund £582.70

So another sleepless weekend. If the refund happends its a bonus, but I just want it sorted so I know where I stand.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 am
Hopefully this will get sorted next week.
Bob Marley.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am
Good news that this is now getting somewhere for you. Hopefully they will sort it quickly.

How long have you been paying too much over? Might be worth asking for interest and compensation for all the stress caused...
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”