I am 60 this year and estimated time to complete is 12 years. I don't know what to do.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Jo.54

Post by Jo.54 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:52 pm
I happen in an IVA with Clark Richards for six years, have now received correspondence from them stating they have ceased dealing with IVA's and have transferred all names to AngelAdvance who have written to me to complete new form. From the correspondence I realise only slightly more than half my monthly payment has been going to my creditors. I am sixty this year and their estimated time to complete is 12 years. Don't know what to do.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:33 am
Welcome to the forum. Firstly just because you have been passed to a different company should not mean it takes longer to complete your iva.

A few questions to enable a clearer response ...

- what was the original projected return to creditors? P in the £ ?
- how many months were you asked to make payments for ?
- do you own your property and if so were you expected to release equity during the last year ?
- have you paid in any overtime / windfalls etc over the term of your iva so far ?

If you let us have the info we should be able to offer some further advice.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:10 am
The IVA is for the time agreed at the outset ( which might have a 12 month extension in lieu of equity added on). Dig out your proposal and Chairman;s Report and have a read.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:21 am
Hi Jo this makes no sense at all - most IVAs last for 5-6 years and are only really extended beyond that if there have been payment breaks or gaps.

Have they told you there are 12 years to go or is this your own calculation?

Happy to chat in more detail if you like or you can email me the documents from AA to look at.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:26 pm
As far as I can tell, you are in a DMP.

Neither Clark Richards or Angel Advance, again as far as I am aware, directly provide IVA's.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:22 pm
Hi and welcome, if you feel that you are in an IVA do check the insolvency register, if you're not on there, it may well be a DMP (debt management plan) - as Lisa states most IVA's are for 60/72 months.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:41 am
If you are in a DMP this is very different from an IVA and usually the debt has to be paid back in full, sometimes with interest continuing to accrue, which is probably why you have so long left to go.

There might be better options available for you and an IVA may well be one of them but it depends on your overall financial position.

What assets do you own, how much debt do you have, what net income do you have etc.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

bp118

Post by bp118 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:29 pm
Dear Jo. I work for Angel Advance and having read your post it does certainly seem like you were in a DMP with Clark Richards; they didn't offer IVAs in-house. Angel Advance does offer IVAs and employs a licensed Insolvency Practitioner. We'd be very happy to speak with you, if you're still looking for a solution to your debt problems, to establish if this is the best option for you. You can also find information about different debt solutions at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
Kind regards
Beth

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:53 pm
Hi and welcome,

You cannot solicit for business on here unless you are an expert - suggest you contact Andy Davie (details under the ask experts a question link on the left hand side) and see what he says as he is the Administrator for the site.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:48 pm
To be fair the original poster did mention them.

I would suggest shop around and talk to them if still interested.

I would point out that having spent 6 years in a dmp and your age that any advice that you receive you should weigh up the pros and cons based on that.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:03 pm
However, the company is not allowed to tout for business unless they are an expert - forum rules.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:03 pm
Fair enough:)
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”