DFD playing games again

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

WestieGirl

Post by WestieGirl » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 pm
Hi,

I have paid 5 years and 7 months into my IVA and paid my last payment on 1st April. I was expected to repay 46p in the £1 and have been told by DFD that have repaid 100p in the £1. This is due to £15,000 PPI being paid into the IVA. I have investigated and reclaimed PPI by myself as I was horrified by EIF in so many ways.

I was told by DFD on the 1st April that my CC would be with me within 6-8 weeks and that my closure were straight forward as there were no outstanding issues. At the 8 week point I contacted DFD to enquire where my CC was and was informed that they were chasing outstanding creditor claims. I was told to be patient. I have contacted DFD today to again enquire where my CC was and I have been told that they are continuing to chase creditor claims. I asked how long they gave creditors to make a claim and they stated 4 months. I pointed out that this was already about that timeframe so what were they waiting for. DFD then stated I should be patient as it takes 16 weeks to receive a CC. I reminded them of their original promise which fell on deaf ears. To my horror I was then told that the delay was my own doing as I had effused to sign to the new terms and conditions. I pointed out that I had however signed the deed of assignment and that my IP had agreed I had satisfactorily claimed PPI to the best of my knowledge. I was then asked why I would not sign and that if I still insisted on not doing so then any further delays were my fault. [:(!][:(!][:(!] I am disgusted yet again by DFD. I have been told that they will now have to convene a meeting of creditors and that they could not give me any timescale for this. I tried in vin to discus that given I have completed all required payments, paid all known PPI (£15000) into IVA as well as overtime and bonuses (£1500) and have paid 100p in the £1 I think that DFD should be working with me and view my case individually rather than use a blanket approach. Before ending the call they had the brass neck to try and transfer me to their other money making venture cleverly disguised as a money making service. Sorry but I declined the offer rather ungraciously!
I am so fed up with DFD. Help. [:(]

WestieGirl

Post by WestieGirl » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:53 pm
UUPPs!

Correction to earlier post. I meant to say money saving service not money making.

I have previously used this forum as LostGirl but have lost my login details so had to re-register as WestieGirl.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:12 pm
No worries - it will be sorted!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:25 am
State that you are formally complaining and that you intend to progress this matter on principle to the Insolvency Service pre and post IVA on the basis that you believe that the IP has failed to explain why such a change is critical at this stage and that they had refused to release the CC despite any changes being voluntary.

To put it bluntly if something is non negotiable in a change of terms and conditions someone has to be upfront in writing to say that i.e. DFD.

Anything else is now duress.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

WestieGirl

Post by WestieGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:43 am
Hi,

I've told them I will be complaining but they don't seem to care. I refuse to sign the new terms so close to completion as I just do not trust DFD. Obviously with good reason!! They really have sunk to a new low over this.

Words cannot express how appalled I am by DFD.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 pm
Hi WestieGirl,
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

WestieGirl

Post by WestieGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm
I have emailed Evette but really don't hold out much hope. No doubt I will receive the usual corporate response.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:01 pm
I got an e-mail from Evette monday to say that she was going to look into our case & she would get back to me still waiting for reply, sent another e-mail today no responce to it as yet

simon1883

Post by simon1883 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:00 pm
To be fair to Evette, I have had a response very quickly recently.

However, DfD are seemingly playing the game with most at the minute.

They are throwing the delay for closure threat at me now.... It's rubbish and should certainly be followed up with a formal complaint - I will be for sure.
Last Payment on Jan 5th 2016!

WestieGirl

Post by WestieGirl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:13 pm
If I hear from her I will update the forum. So angry and upset.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:29 pm
Oh it's not nice to feel frustrated and disappointed so late on in your IVA I sincerely hope this is sorted for you very quickly.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:54 pm
Fingers crossed you get a reply soon.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm
Dear WestieGirl,
I have not yet received the email you mention above. Please contact me via the email address in my profile so I can take a look into your case and address your concerns.
Speak soon.
Thanks
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

WestieGirl

Post by WestieGirl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:42 pm
Message for Evette - I have sent you a 3rd email today asking for you to look into my query as requested. I am not sure why you have not received my previous 2.

Further phone call to DFD today whom no state that there is an internal issue with a creditor claim and when this has been resolved they will pass my case to the closure team!!! God, its never ending with this company. Oh, and they then have the brass neck to try and refer me to their money making (sorry money saving!) service. The sheer desperation of this company to income generate is embarrassing.

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:09 pm
Hi Westie Girl
I've just done a post abt DFD but in a shortened version. DFD emailed confirming our IVA ended this November.
Now they are saying we still owe £18,800 and they have asked Select Partnership is offer us a loan of the amount owed but with interest over 7 years this accumulates to £22,442.00
They have already had approximately £23,000 in PPI refunds.
I just feel so worried one minute we are almost done now they want us to take a loan out for 7 yrs!!
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”