getting completion from GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

bridge_player

Post by bridge_player » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 am
I entered into my IVA in March 2010 with Blair Endersby and, like many others, were transferred to GT. In Jan 2013 I was able to make a full and final settlement proposal which was accepted - so no more monthly payments (hooray!!). Since then I have been waiting for GT to finish things off. I got embroiled with Claims Broker over PPI claims and, to be fair, they had quite a bit of success getting the PPI back although a year on they are still sending me forms to fill in.

Every month since last June I have been emailing GT asking for progress and each month I get the same answer - a) can only process former BE once a month b) I'm close to being finished, early days of the next month. Still waiting in March 2014 - but it will be fixed in April. Not holding my breath!

Does this sound familiar? Any suggestions please on how to get it completed.
John

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:16 am
Hi John and welcome

Until the PPI claims have been completed they will not issue a CC, just keep chasing as you are and good luck
Regards
Andam Davies

bridge_player

Post by bridge_player » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:33 pm
Andy,
Thanks for that. I was told by GT that the Completion Cert could be issued even if PPI claims were outstanding providing I agreed to that - which I think I did. Their email replies dont mention the PPI effect.
John

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:43 pm
GT WILL issue CCs with ongoing PPI claims. They did for us, but only after loads of foot stamping & threats of complaining to the powers that be from me! They are a nightmare when it come to the closure stage which is so annoying. We stuck to our side of the deal, so why they think they don't have to is beyond me.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:52 pm
I'm afraid it is sometimes he who shouts loudest, may not be right but appears to be how it is.

Keep badgering them as tinks got theirs.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

bridge_player

Post by bridge_player » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 pm
Thanks for the comments. You know they say it's good to talk! I'm already feeling better having aired it.

I am now badgering GT on a monthly basis.

tinks - who do you think are the correct 'powers that be' that I can threaten them with?
John

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:56 pm
bridge player -- you need to go through their internal complaints procedure then you can complain to their regulators, if no joy.

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/contac ... ts-Gateway
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sharon.10

Post by Sharon.10 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:01 am
I was also with Blair Endersby and like you I had to transfer to GT in the the final year of my payments, after my last payment I had to wait a year and nearly 3 months for my cc after e mails and telephone calls and a complaint to the IPA which is still on going I finally recieved my cc last year, and I still have ppi waiting to go in the iva pot as well I hope you get your cc soon.
Last payment made August 2012 Certificate of Completion recieved 15th of Novenber 2013.

bridge_player

Post by bridge_player » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:32 pm
Sharon.10 - thanks v much for the advice. Your situation seems to parallel ours pretty well.
John

bridge_player

Post by bridge_player » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:57 am
Another month has come and gone and still nothing from GT. Getting very frustrated with it all. Emailled again today and asked for details of making a formal complaint.

My email to Karol Wilson on March 14th, copied to my IP has been ignored - no surprise there either.
John

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:23 pm
Hi Bridge_player. This was their complaints procedure ( no telling if this has changed by now as they do not publish as required). Karol no longer works in Customer Services:

From earlier posts, this is the GT complaints procedure (if it gets as far as complaining to the Regulatory Body (IPA, in this case)the complaint will be against the IP ( who is the member) not the company (who is not):

1 If a client expresses unhappiness with the service provided by this firm, then in the first instance the concerns will be dealt with by the manager responsible for the area that gave rise to the complaint and you will receive a formal response in that regard within one month of the date of this letter. Should we require additional time to investigate the matter, you will of course be advised accordingly.

2 If the matter cannot be resolved by the relevant manager, you can then direct your complaint to my designated senior member of staff Mr Paul Madden at Grant Thornton, Waters Edge, Clarendon Dock, Belfast, BT1 3BH.

3 If you continue to be dissatisfied with my firm's response to your complaint, you can then write to Ms Fiona Beighton - the Head of Quality & Risk Management who deals with any complaints arising from the firm's recovery department - at Grant Thornton UK LLP, 30 Finsbury Square, London, EC2P 2YU.

In the unlikely event that my firm is unable to resolve your complaint you can then complain to my regulatory body – the Insolvency Practitioners Association.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

bridge_player

Post by bridge_player » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm
Well what a surprise!!! I have received my completion certificate 4yrs 1 day after it all started. Feel delighted and thanks to all here who offered advice. BUT even in the settlement, GT have acted at snails pace. The letter is dated March 25th and it took until April 14th (3 weeks) to get the papers printed and sent from Belfast - well it is a long way.

All best wishes to everyone still working through - it does get easier.
John

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:37 pm
Apparently their correspondence is printed off and mailed out by a third party company, presumably in print runs, hence the delay.

They emailed me my certificate and covering letter --- the hard copy arrived a couple of weeks later!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:56 pm
Don't see why that process should result in an undue delay, but I guess that all is well that ends well.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”