Public Audit Bureau

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
21 posts Page 1 of 2

Louise79

Post by Louise79 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:41 am
Yesterday I received a letter from "Public Audit Bureau" asking I contact them as it is likely monies are owed to me following a High Court decision that has ruled in favour of IVA holders.

I completed my IVA 2 years ago and this letter has turned up completely out of the blue. This company/organisation are not listed on companies house and a quick google of them brings nothing up - even the website listed on their letter does not exist. I just wanted to give people a heads up that these letters are being sent - to a previous address in my case! I do not think for one minute I am owed money and will only be contacting them to tell them to cease sending letters to me at an address I no longer live at.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:44 am
I wouldn't even contact them - doing so proves you exist.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:18 am
Sounds like some sort of PPI company so just ignore it.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 am
Hi

Yes, likely to be about PPI refunds on the hope that any refund will not go into your old IVA

Regards
Andam Davies

charlie11

Post by charlie11 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:28 pm
I have also received a letter from them and called the freephone number.

They advised me about the service and information they provide which I found most informative. The charges they refer to include PPI as well other charges.

I can understand why they requested I called them as the information provided was long and would have not been able to be explained easily in letter form.

I mentioned that I had not seen much about the information concerning PPI and the High Court Ruling they talked about on this forum. The person I talked to requested that perhaps I should make a mention as they said that they were expecting negative feedback by people not giving them the opportunity to explain themselves.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:44 pm
Hi Charlie. They are welcome to come on forum and explain themselves if they are concerned about negative feedback. If they have a valid point or case to make I am sure we would be interested to hear.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:56 pm
I would love to hear what they have to say and perhaps they have a service to provide. However it is pretty pointless talking about a High Court decision that has been stayed and is up for appeal as nothing can be done until this has been resolved.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:48 pm
It would be very interesting to see them post on here and put their position forward. May be of use to some posters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 pm
Ambulance chasers. Are they the same firm as the central public bureau???

Paul
Last edited by plasticdaft on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:40 am
Any company that implies in their name that they have a quasi official function or role are not worth the time of day.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:59 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

Any company that implies in their name that they have a quasi official function or role are not worth the time of day.
Correct. Multiple names all hinting at some offical capacity.

Avoid.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:39 pm
I think it's safe to ignore by the sounds of it.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 pm
I received the same letter yesterday. I think a FIB (file in bin) is the appropriate course of action.
IVA Completed August 2011

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 pm
Totally agree - ignore with a capital I!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:50 am
Apologies for resurrecting this thread again but it would appear they are rearing their ugly head again!

I had a letter a couple of days ago (filed under R for recycling!).

Wouldn't mind but their website does not appear to exist and even though the office is supposed to be in Gloucestershire the post mark on mine was Sunderland!!
Bob Marley.
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”