Can't believe that nobody from Credit Fix contacted me to say I was in breech.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:47 pm
Hi my iva was originally with simple and is now with credit fix. There was a lot of trouble at first when they took over as my iva had previously been with my ex partner and then was seperated but that took a while and I was trying to keep up with payments for two people. Anyway when I phoned credit fix a few weeks ago about my payments they said that it would take £100 to keep it from breeching which I paid. When I then phoned them again i was informed that my account was nearly £1500 in arrears which I didn't realise it was that bad and my iva had breeched. I have received no letters to say it had breeched or any phone calls from company and the first I knew was when I contacted them. They are now saying that they want to do a income and expenditure and go to the creditors, but they have told me that there is strong possibility creditors wont except new proposal and may fail iva or extend it for another 12 months. It was due to end oct next year. I understand that I struggled for a while but can't believe that no one contacted me about how much trouble I was in and was only told when I phoned them for different reason which was they still have account with my an ex partners name on it as well as my own one.
d gibson

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:17 am
In my experience most variations put to creditors are actually accepted - so in the first instance I would ask your IP exactly whey they don't think this will be acceptable. If they have not notified you of missed payments, and the effect this would have to the detriment of your IVA, then they need to work even harder to get creditors to accept varied terms to deal with the arrears.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:49 am
I haven't heard off them since I did an income and expenditure with them which has also worried me as when I worked out everything that I have to pay out for me and 4 kids I worked out I am left with £270 to put to iva but they said that I am left with £410 to put towards it as they say that I have to go by guidelines but I don't smoke , go out, everything that goes out it what needs to go out so I know that I do definately not have spare. I am only in receipt of benefits so even £270 is pushing it.
d gibson

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:52 am
Where are the differences between your figures and theirs - in other words how have they worked out that you can afford £410 per month?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Rubyred

Post by Rubyred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:04 am
Hi Dawn
Have you spoken directly to your IP, or someone on the end of the phone? We are with credit fix and had conflicting statements from everyone we spoke to. It wasn't until we spoke/emailed our IP directly that we received the correct advice with regards to figures and payments.
Having dreams doesn't cost a penny and keeps you going
Iva completed 14 months early!

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:04 pm
They have said that my expenses don't go with their expense guidelines. I have spoke to one person on the phone about my income and expenditure I have never spoke to the person that was named on the letter as my IP I received when they took simple debt i have asked to speak to her but never got back to me.
I know that they have a lot of work on but have not had good experience with them so far everything that has gone wrong I have only found out about when I have contacted them.
If they go to the creditors saying i can afford what they are say ing then I definately won't be able to stick to it.
Last edited by dawnlougib on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d gibson

Rubyred

Post by Rubyred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:23 pm
We didn't have a good experience with them either until we contacted the IP directly. Drop her an email (we only ever corresponded via email) she was really helpful and sorted out our queries. Our I&E didn't change when we moved to credit fix from simple debt solutions, the payments remained the same, surely your ex should be paying 50% of the arrears?
Drop her an email on Monday

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 pm
Hi can I ask who your IP is and have you ever spoke by phone to her?
d gibson

Rubyred

Post by Rubyred » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:34 pm
Hi dawn, should be the same as yours, Susan wriglesworth, we only ever had contact by email but she always responded within 24 hours.

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:40 pm
Hi yes that's who was named on my letters as mine. I will try and find out her email address as decorating at moment and everything is every where and will send her an email. i have asked to talk to her on pho but never got anywhere.
I have jusrt looked on some of paperwork and can't find any email address for susan only for customer services.
Funny how welcome letter says I must co-operate with my supervisor Susan yet have never been able to speak to her.
Last edited by dawnlougib on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d gibson

Rubyred

Post by Rubyred » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:04 am
Google her name and creditfix and her email will come up :-) good luck
X

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:30 pm
Hi thanks have done that and could only find a message that was put on here in 2010 with her email on so not 100% if it will still be the same.
I am really not very good at contacting people about these things by email I prefer to talk but can't see that happening.
d gibson

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:10 pm
Also when me and the ex separated I was paying the monthly payments myself for nearly a year and he was paying none as at that time simple said that the iva couldn't be split and then when I said I would just have to go bankrupt the creditors excepted the split so for nearly a year the payments only I was paying were being split between mine and his creditors.
He has not made a payment now to his iva for almost 2 years but creditfix still hold a case that has both mine and his name on it and a case that is just in my name. They have said the one with his name on has been frozen but his iva hasn't failed. I have asked them a few times how can they have 2 cases with my name attached to them one that is thousands in arrears which has his name on and one that is just me that they are only just telling me has breeched.
d gibson

Rubyred

Post by Rubyred » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:20 pm

dawnlougib

Post by dawnlougib » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:22 am
thank you
d gibson
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”