The end is in sight!....Or is it?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:53 pm
Hi

our IVA is soon to finish, the last payment was meant to be 26th Sept but due to 2 months arrears caused by 2 missed payments earlier in the arrangement our last payment is 26th November.

We are surprised at how quiet our IP is at this time? We thought they would be writing to us etc, requesting paperwork etc but no, nothing! This is quite unnerving. We rang them about the missed payments and arrears they did not contact us.
Once we have paid these last couple of payments will that be it? Is it normal for IPs to be so quiet at the end of an IVA?

We are just so worried something will go wrong now we are so close to the end!
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:27 pm
It does seem odd that you have not been told to cancel your standing order or for final bits of info requested. Send them an email asking for confirmation that the IVA payments will cease and advise them that is what you intend to do. Hopefully you will get your certificate soon enough afterwards.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

ruetheday

Post by ruetheday » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:07 pm
I am going through the same right now Christabelle. Have sent a last I&E review etc 6 weeks ago. Last payment was 1st September and am awaiting decision about whether I am finished. I had to push for the final I&E paperwork to fill in though as I was anxious like you. I need to know this week so i can cancel my DD but been told decision is coming. Twitchy is the word...!

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:28 pm
Oh I am really worried now.
why would you need to do an I & E at the end?

Did you have to send all your payslips and p60 aswell as I & E like in all previous annual reviews ruetheday?
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:31 pm
You would need to send in the wage slips to show all overtime etc has been paid but an I&E is irrelevant.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:46 pm
Thanks Michael,

When do you think we will be requested to send them in?

Just don't feel like this is ever going to end!!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:51 pm
We had to send P60s, bank statements, payslips and did have to do a I&E.

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:02 pm
I have not long come off the phone to IP. They have confirmed that I dont have to send anything to them. They just said once payments are all received, Thats it!!??

I feel like I'm missing something?.

They did go on to say that it can take up to 6 months to close the account which I new about but they mo further payments would be required during this time.

has anyone else been in this situation at closure where they have not been required to send anything in?

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 pm
I would jot this down in an email and get them to confirm that way you can arrange for s/o to finish and hopefully that's that. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:18 pm
Who are you with? I find it hard to believe they want nothing! You could have doubled your pay without telling them. Get it I writing that they want nothing but be prepared that they may ask later!

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:39 pm
Me too relieved!.
I think I will do what Lesley suggests and try and get it in writing. I feel like we are being left in a limbo. I personally expected a lot more contact from IP during this time.

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm
Sorry Relieved, you also suggested that I have it writing. I will defo do this.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:53 am
Wow. We have to submit our payslips every three months to payplan. So would that mean ours would just conclude after final payment ? Or is there a further review
Steven & Debbie

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 am
Provided the wage slips are sent in monthly to your IP there is no need for a final review of income as this would have been dealt with during the final year.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:08 pm
Thanks for the speedy response .
Steven & Debbie
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”