Credit Fix: IVA End

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

MoominDuck

Post by MoominDuck » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:36 am
Hi

I'm pretty peeved at the moment re the Credit Fix shambles, so forgive me if I sound antsy! I am.

Has anyone had any real response from CF re the end of their IVA? I'm looking for facts here as my last payment went out of my a/c in January. The Standing order simply stopped and was a figure lower than normally taken. I contacted CF for information as (a) I didn't know the payment would simply stop and (b) I have heard precisely nothing from either PJG or CF re the end of what has amounted to 5 years of utter hell. When I finally got a tangible response from CF they simply told me to check with my bank what was happening! Unbelievable! I asked if I should simply stop paying and they just answered that my case is due for review in April. They didn't say to keep on, or to stop. I got the distinct impression they actually didn't know what I should do. So I simply stopped paying.

Anyhow, my reason for asking here... Has anyone actually had their IVA completed, since we were taken over by Credit Fix? I want to know what they ask for by way of documentation for a final close, so I can be ready and turn it around immediately, so not to delay this any further. As you will have guessed, I'm really unhappy about all this. I have signed nothing for CF by way of variations or agreements but at the very least expected to be treated with some sense of dignity, given it was the 11th hour on my IVA.

Thanks

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:42 am
They appear to be very good at F&F agreements, there appears to be some people who have received CC's and generally there has been an increase in positive comments.

However the overall impression is that they still seem erratic, need to be pushed and challenged and the outcome of the MVM (they didnt get what they wanted by all accounts) is still to be felt.

You are 11 months ahead of where we hope to be.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:52 am
sorry to gatecrash post...what do you mean they didnt get what they wanted with the MVM?? Did creditors not agree and how do you know??

To original poster: when i contacted CF about review i had fast email response from a person. They also seemed to compose a generic letter which got emailed to me as attachment with that days date giving me Xdays to respond with stuff for review. Makes me think if i hadnt made contact re: review they wouldnt have done else letter would have been different. I hope you get answers tomorrow. There seem to be a few good contacts people have made...emails are on another CF thread..."absolutely fuming"

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:58 am
Re. MVM - there was a post a couple of days ago saying that the MVM was rejected - specifically around fees and PPI(?).

Apparently staff confirmed verbally but could not give details.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:05 am
Haha!!! serves them right!!!!

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:09 pm
Hi Abbiesmu,

I spoke to my contact about it and she informed me that they rejected two criteria for change - 1) increase in IP fees and 2) Debtor to retail the 50% of ppi.

No formal information has been published, but we have our F&F meeting tomorrow afternoon and shall ask again when they call me.
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:43 pm
@MoominDuck
Normally at month 54, assuming you own your own home, you need to supply a home valuation and a copy of outstanding debt (mortgage/secured loan etc) so they can work out if there is any equity to be paid over as per the terms of your IVA.
I'm with CF having been passed over from PJG and they didn't request anything from me so I sent all this off without them asking as I just wanted it all to end.
If you've not done this it will be worth arranging as they'll ask for it eventually, but they seem a bit slow in chasing people at the moment

jmf293

Post by jmf293 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 pm
Hi all,

I spoke to CF on Friday (27th March), and they said the MVM was taking place at 3.00pm that day.

Were they telling me porkies?

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:27 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. They should know what's happening to your IVA and be informing you of this, shoddy customer service in my opinion, they'll take their fees for sure. the least they can do is tell you where you're at...keep badgering them, I know I would.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:56 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by jmf293

Hi all,

I spoke to CF on Friday (27th March), and they said the MVM was taking place at 3.00pm that day.

Were they telling me porkies?
I would imagine there are several tranches of meetings.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MoominDuck

Post by MoominDuck » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:16 pm
My last payment was month 60 (January) and no contact at all from them save for responding to my query re payment stopping (that was apparently set by PJG). And certainly no contact from PJG before they sold me on re closure, which more than sucks IMO considering how close I was to closure. I don't own my own home so have nothing to declare re equity.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 am
PJG normally used standing orders which you control rather than direct debits. Check with your bank that there has not been a problem as if you have been paying by standing order then I believe you are the only one who can stop this.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:32 am
CF asked for standing orders to be set up so you need to check what happened to the payment from your end around that time.

MoominDuck

Post by MoominDuck » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:21 pm
My bank said PJG set up the standing order for 60 months and that's why it stopped, as 60 payments had been made. I didnt do anything to the setup. I only knew the payments had stopped because my bank balance was higher than it should have been. I did not receive any comms at all from CF to tell me to change the details from PJG to CF. I know others say they did but i didnt. I assumed it was because my iva was ending. This is what is really worrying me... I've done nothing yet stand to be in trouble now. I wish I could afford legal advice as I would take it now for sure.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:37 am
PJG had a tendency to set up the payments well in advance and thinking about it that could well be why your last payment was lower than you expected - they had worked out to the day what you might have had to pay.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”