Help please,,letter out of the blue

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:09 pm
just got this from creditfix,, please read and give me your expert opinions,, is it to good to be true ?
thankyou for your time.

having reviewed your file it is with great pleasure that I am able to inform you that you have complied with the obligations due under your iva. However, there is one further admin matter that I must comply with in order that I may provide you with a certificate of discharge. by now you will no doubt be aware that redress for ppi mis-sold to you prior the approval of your iva is an asset of the iva and must be realised for the benefit of creditors. ordinarily , an iva would remain open until all ppi is realised. however, this presents an unfair burden to you, since you would not be discharged from the iva until that time, dispite complying with its terms. recent guidance from the supreme court in green v Wright (2015) suggests that a solution for this predicament is your agreement that not withstanding the issue of completion certificate to you the proceeds of any ppi claim should still be paid to me as an asset of the iva for distribution to you creditors. This would enable the claims (if any) to be preserved until your creditors receive 100p/£ on the debts bound by the arrangement.
without an agreement on these terms, I am unable to provide you with your certificate of discharge, since to do so, would inevitably mean any ppi assets are lost to the estate, and accordingly, I would have not fulfilled my duties.
Consequently, in order to receive you certificate of discharge now ( rather than once it is confirmed beyond doubt that all ppi redress as been accounted for), you must complete and return this letter in enclosed ASE.

Would be glad of any advice,, its the 100p/£ bit concerns me.

Thankyou for reading
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:13 pm
Its entirely fair and practical - sign and get your CC.

Just don't get hung up on PPI going forward.

Congrats - it looks like you will be free soon.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm
It depends what the enclosed letter says that they want you to sign - you would need to share that. If it just says its for all future PPI claims fair enough, but if its for other things too then be careful, for example signing you up to new protocols etc.

Sharing a copy of what they want you to sign with personal details removed would be the only way to be sure.
Last edited by longslog101 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:35 pm
Its fine ..it will get you your closure certificate whilst the ppi is investigated.
This way your iva can close and your credit files can start to be repaired.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:45 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by luluj

Its fine ..it will get you your closure certificate whilst the ppi is investigated.
This way your iva can close and your credit files can start to be repaired.
Luluj can you really say that for sure without knowing what the actual letter says, a cover letter and what someone is asked to sign can be two completely different things. [?] belts n braces [:)]
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:10 pm
This appears to be purely an assignment of any interest in PPI, which is fine. The reference to 100% I read as if you get an enormous PPI refund which takes you up to paying back 100% debt & fees then any surplus will be yours and their interest in further PPI refunds will cease.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:50 pm
Does that mean if all ppi claimed would be used until 100p/£ is achieved then anything over would be paid back to the client. If all ppi was realised and the funds still did not reach 100p/£ then the IVA would be over, but with no funds returned to the client. I was under the impression that they would only take 50% of ppi as they would with other additional funds. I do stand to be corrected.
IVA Completed August 2011

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:37 pm
No Kaykay, all of the PPI is due to the IVA as an asset. The 50% share only relates to earned monies.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:31 pm
Thanks for clarification Foggy.
IVA Completed August 2011

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:02 pm
Reading that it just sounds like they want you to sign to any PPI won will go to the IVA until 100% of the debt is realised.

If it is to get your completion certificate and free yourself of the IVA it's worth looking in to further but be sure to read and fully understand what you're actually signing.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:30 pm
The agreement they want us to sign reads,,, we agree that any proceeds of any PPI claims which are currently an asset of our IVA will survive the issue of a certificate of discharge from our IVA which commenced on 01/11/09 and shall be paid to the supervisor of the IVA, so that the same may be distributed to creditors of the IVA.
That's it
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:32 pm
My husband has the same on his certificate - I wouldn't worry if I were you.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:43 pm
When it comes my way I will be signing it.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:02 pm
My husband had his certificate over 12 months ago and has never been asked to sign anything.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 am
Seems like one to sign All the best and hoping you receive that certificate very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”