DESPERATE for mortgage, are we likely to be successful with Ryan ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

Midsummer

Post by Midsummer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 pm
Hi all! My husband and I completed our IVA in January this year. All adverse credit has been removed from the credit files and my husbands credit score has even shot up to 'excellent' after using recommended credit cards etc. We are now DESPERATE for a mortgage and have passed the initial 'mortgage in principle' with a high street lender, but we feel very disheartened to know that their mortgage application form asks 'have you ever been involved with an IVA,' as we know it would then be a flat no! This seems to be the case with most high street lenders and we are feeling like we will never be free of this debt! We have put in an offer on a £190,000 and we have a 10% deposit. Can anyone advise if we are likely to be successful in obtaining a mortgage with Ryan (zebra finance)? We have heard some amazing reviews and feel very hopeful that he can help, but we were just looking for some further reassurance. My husband has emailed him, but I thought
I'd ask the question on here as well! Thanks in advance

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:19 pm
Hi and welcome,

Try Ryan and Shaun (details under the expert link) and I am sure they will be able to help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:03 am
In answer to your question 'are we likely to be successful with Ryan?' I would say, if anyone can help he will be able to as he's helped numerous posters.

Welcome to the forum and any other questions just ask. Good luck with your application.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 am
Ryan and his team at Zebra have helped lots of forum members achieve their dream ...me included. Ryan is away on holiday at present but his team are tesponding to emails from the forum and will help you if tgey can. Everyone has different circumstances and therefore speaking to them on Monday will hopefully give you the answers you need and want.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Midsummer

Post by Midsummer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:29 am
Thank you all for your reassurance. Hopefully someone from the team will ring my husband tomorrow. In addition, does anyone have any idea of how long we will have to wait for a decision, if we are successful? We don't want to mess the people that we have offered to about, so we'd like to tell them this week if we can't go ahead. I can't believe how foolish we were! We thought our prayers had been answered when the credit scores went up! We researched all about the initial OIP and not the application itself. Ah well, you live and learn.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:02 am
From what I gather The Zebra team are pretty quick in coming back with a decision, so it shouldn't be too long.

Best of luck.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:28 pm
I had my recent decision back within 24 hrs ... the team at Zebra are focused and will do what they can to help.

Midsummer

Post by Midsummer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 pm
Thank you all for your help. We'll ring tomorrow and see what's what. I'll keep you posted.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:24 am
look forward to your update, hope it's a positive one.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Midsummer

Post by Midsummer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:23 pm
Hi all, I just wanted to thank you all for recommending Zebra finance to us. We moved in to our wonderful family home last week and are feeling very happy and grateful. Mike and the team at Zebra made the process so easy and stress free and we know we couldn't have achieved it without them. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Thank you really doesn't cover it xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:21 am
Fabulous news Midsummer - really pleased for you and another good result for Zebra Money.

Enjoy your new home.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:21 am
Congratulations !

Well done to Zebra and well done to you and your husband on getting through the IVA and out the other side to rebuild a new life in a new home. Enjoy x
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:19 am
Great news - best of luck in your new home!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:37 pm
Great feedback for Ryan's team !

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:30 pm
Midsummer
Thank you for the kind words on the service you received from us at Zebra.
I hope you are happy in the new home!
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”