Going with McCambridge Duffy

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
27 posts Page 1 of 2

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:49 pm
Hi All

I've decided to proceed with an IVA with MD. Any tips/advice from you lovely people?
Spoke to a lovely gentlemen who will be sending me the forms to complete on Monday.

Nervous to see what happens now...

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:56 pm
You have made an excellent choice ( in fact the one I would make myself if going down this route again). Apart from the great customer service ( and they do treat you as an individual and as a customer ) they use R3 terms and conditions, which aren't as onerous as some of the current protocol terms.

They also have a representative on here, Michael Peoples, who generously gives help and advice to all of us.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions and we will all be here to support you.

My biggest tips would be to be honest and upfront, work with the firm and don't regard the thing as a "them and us" and, above all ... communicate.

Good luck.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:10 pm
I agree that they are a good company and come highly recommended.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:05 pm
Thank you #128522; Feeling a bit more relaxed about this now. Just need to get approved and then we're set.

Ta Dah

Post by Ta Dah » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:29 pm
My wife and I have just completed our IVA with McD's and would highly recommend them. Always available to answer questions (except Friday as they have an early dart from the office) and the kind lady I spoke to when we set our application up helped us by advising us what we were allowed to have and how much in regards to living expenses.

They were also quick in delivering our certificate of completion which we received the other week. We would have got it sooner, but there was an issue with some PPI claim, which leads me to my next bit of advice.

You may be contacted by a company called "Equity in Finance". When they contacted me, they claimed to have been appointed by McD's to help recover PPI and I was advised that I had no choice in the matter. This turned out to be incorrect. McD's pass on your details to this company to help recover any PPI, BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THEM. You could recover the PPI yourself so that you are introducing more money into the "pot".

I made a complaint to McD's about EIF which was not really addressed to my satisfaction, but now that I am out of the IVA, Im not too fussed in persueing it. Just dont go with EIF.

Good luck in your application. If you are getting phone calls or letters, advise them that you are making an application for an IVA with McD's. You will find that the calls and letters will magically stop. That in itself was a releif to us.

Andy
Last edited by Ta Dah on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:16 am
Thank you Andy. I will remember that #128522;

MG12

Post by MG12 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 am
Hi Hooneybee, I was also with McD & can only say good things about them.

They were always ready to help & everything was done really quickly (inc CC).

With ref to EIF, I didn't have any hassle with them & they were able to get back roughly 6K of PPI I didn't know I had.

Good luck on your IVA journey & know that you are in safe hands with McD.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:19 am
Delighted you have decided to come with us Honeybee and I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I also appreciate the kind words from the other posters and of course if you have any queries now or in the future please do not hesitate to give me a call.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Dodgy_Keeper

Post by Dodgy_Keeper » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:46 pm
Excellent choice - no disrespect to the great contributors from other companies, but MD have been excellent - very clear and transparent for the annual reviews, and the team in Derry that I have dealt with have been wonderful. Recommended!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:33 pm
An excellent company, as are all of those on here.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

hubert

Post by hubert » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:28 pm
If I had a time machine, I'd be using it to go back and do my IVA with McCambridge Duffy.

Actually, I'd use it to get the next 10 years lotto numbers and privately send winning lines and dates to all of my friends on here :)

But you get the picture!
Last edited by hubert on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:38 pm
I agree Hubert :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Honeybee1980

Post by Honeybee1980 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:47 am
Thank you all for your kind advice. Feel certain I have made the right decision. Just one question please, we're moving into a new home (renting) at the end of October. We have been credit checked and all ok but we won't sign the lease until the day we get the keys, the day we move in. Am I ok to sign the IVA forms and begin the process now or is it risky and should I wait until we sign the lease. Don't want to risk losing the new place in case they find out about the IVA before the lease is signed.
Thank you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:27 am
They shouldn't find out about it as your IP company won't tell them.

It usually takes 6-8 weeks to complete the IVA process and you won't go on the register straight away anyway.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:49 am
They shouldn't credit check you again as they get charged for it ( well -- they pass this on to the tenant, but money changes hands).
27 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”