Knew things were going to well

41 posts Page 1 of 3

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:23 pm
Had a few health problems since xmas went to the Dr's in Jan who thought my backache (which I thought was a recurring kidney infection on and off for four years LOL) was posture related. and sent me for physio. That didn't help and made it worse so the physio sent me back to the Dr's who reluctantly sent me for an ultrasound scan, turns out I have Gallstones, (plural meaning lots of them). Reading up on it I seem to have all the symptoms, including ones I didn't realize were symptoms like frequent burping, and pain like a twisting muscle under my right boob. The cure seems to be removal of the gallbladder, so looks like i am in for an op. On the positive side I will be able to have some time off work as I have only been off for 1 week with flu in 15 years they can't say I go sick regularly.
Apparently I am a perfect fit for the 5 F's
Fat, Fertile (pre menopausal), Fair Skinned, Forty plus, and Flatulent ( Indegestion not botty burping get your mind out of the gutter Foggy [:D])

Have to go back to my Dr's on the 27th to find out what the prognosis is and hopefully some idea of waiting times. I am expecting up to an 18 month wait knowing the NHS.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:58 pm
Excuse me !! How did you know where my mind was ??

Actually it was already there when you mentioned the frequent burping !!!!

Hope they get it sorted PJ x
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:42 pm
My friend had gallstones and it was hugely painful, gallbladder removed and cured. Hope it all goes well PJL and it's not too lengthy a wait.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Til

Post by Til » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:17 pm
I've had my gallbladder out (keyhole) and whilst no op is pleasant it really wasn't too bad. Plus I was in so much pain with gallstones "like a bag of sand" it was well worth having it out. Best of luck xx
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 am
I feel your pain! I had gallstones out and my gallbladder removed ...unfortunately keyhole wasn't possible for me and I had to have full blown surgery. Not gonna lie the pain from the operation afterwards was horrible and mirrored the gallstone pain ...hopefully you will have key hole surgery and the pain won't be so bad if any! However get over the first few days and it is so much better and pain free when you eat those foods that always triggered the gallstone pain !
In fact 17 years on I still have my gallstones in a specimen bottle and often look at them not quite believing how things so so small can cause sooooooo much pain !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:11 am
Good luck. Hope you get sorted soon
Steven & Debbie

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:45 pm
Good luck from me!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:54 pm
Thanks everyone, will update this after I have been to my Dr's next week once I find out what the next steps are.
I am in so much pain luckily it comes and goes so I do get respite sometimes, and I am able to still go to work ,when it gets painful I just sit down and ride it out with painkillers. Most attacks last about an hour.
I am gradually working out which foods trigger it off, milk, butter, and strangely Actimel's. so am avoiding them as much as I can to lessen the pain. Luckily I drink black coffee otherwise I would be going mad.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 pm
I can remember curling up in a ball almost and rocking backwards and forwards to alleviate the pain.
Once over the operation you will see a difference straightaway ...fingers crossed they are able to do it by keyhole surgery so you avoid the 8 inch scsre!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:20 pm
Well went to the Drs today went in with one thing and came out with three, she is referring me to a surgeon to remove my gallbladder, then she told me I have a fatty liver and it could stop my liver working etc, I have to have a blood test next week to check cholesterol etc, on top of that she took my blood pressure and it was high so I have to have that re checked next week as well.
Feeling like I am ready for the knackers yard now [:(]

kev59

Post by kev59 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:06 pm
high blood pressure, could be down to you worrying.
if not he can be controlled with pills.
hope you get better soon
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 pm
Welcome to the club PJ ... I take pills just so that I don't react to other pills !! Having a condition that results in constant pain and being allergic to most painkillers is a swine too !!!

But, hey, I wake up every morning ( which is often a surprise)and don't owe anybody a penny !!!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:55 pm
Well I went to see the nurse yesterday to have blood taken and the BP checked again, and it was normal, I must suffer with white coat syndrome. LOL So that's one thing less to worry about, just need the bloods to come back OK as they were checking for liver function, cholesterol and thyroid, also need to lose weight to help reduce the fatty liver then it is only the gallstones to get rid of. Hopefully by Christmas I should be healthy again...
Last edited by Pandy on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm
Ah yes --- weight ! I went for a pre- op assessment this morning, and it appears I have put on a stone and a half (or their scales were wrong of course) !!!

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:08 am
Damn NHS cuts not even replacing faulty scales, shocking.[:D][:D]
41 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “friends corner”