I keep getting different stories from people in Freeman Jones. We are paying back 100 p in the £

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Tue May 19, 2015 7:13 pm
good afternoon. I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have my Iva with freeman Jones. It is now in its final months, trouble is I keep getting told different stories from different people of when it's actually going to close,varying from June through to October. With the final sum amount varying too. We have been very fortunate in being able to pay back 100 pence in pound plus fees. I just cannot see where they are getting all there different figures from. Are there any of there experts on here, that I can talk too. Many thanks in advance

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 19, 2015 7:24 pm
This is becoming a regular topic. Hopefully, as they usually do, a representative of FJ will happen along and invite you to contact them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Tue May 19, 2015 9:29 pm
Many thanks foggy. Fingers crossed for some answers. Feel like pulling my hair out with frustration. Come all this way and stumble at the final hurdle.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 pm
Bumping this back up for you and hoping you get a definitive answer very soon.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Wed May 20, 2015 10:04 am
Thanks Lesley. Keeping my fingers crossed that this can get sorted sooner rather than later. I don't know how FJ can keep giving me so many different answers.

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Wed May 20, 2015 10:20 am
Hi - i had a similar experience but with a different company. I had reached 100p earlier than the end date but they could not tell me exactly when the final payment would be made but gave me an estimate between a 3 month period. It ended up that it was because one creditor did not put in a claim so the full amount to be paid in was less which in turn meant that the fees i was to pay were also reduced slightly. I ended up getting a refund also for overpayments (and overcharging a few things which i picked up). It may be the same for you - all i did was contact them every month from the possible end dates they gave me asking for an update, i didn't always get a reply but eventually i got one saying i had made the last payment and the IVA would be sent to closures. I hope this helps?
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Wed May 20, 2015 2:33 pm
Hi urbanfox. Many thanks for your reply. Yes it looks like I need to make yet more calls to them. Our iva has been going so well with FJ. So cannot complain too much, especially when you compare it to many others. Like everyone else, you just want it all over and done with.

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Thu May 21, 2015 11:47 am
Hi Tanno,

I am sorry about the delay in responding to your post, my name is Spencer I am part of the team at Freeman Jones.

I can appreciate that now you are approaching the end of your IVA, having had everything run smoothly it must be very frustrating for you to be given mixed messages about your completion date and I apologise for this.

As urbanfox has said this could be due to the fact we are waiting for one or more of your creditor to confirm exactly what they are claiming, the final sum can also vary depending on any additional costs that are incurred over the remaining months.

I would very much like to look into this for you so that I can get you a clear idea of when your IVA will close. In order for me to locate your account please could you send me an email to spencer.last@freemanjones.com with your FJ reference number and I will look into this for you straight away.

Thank you,
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Thu May 21, 2015 12:33 pm
Many thanks for responding Spencer. I'm at work at the moment, so will e mail you when I get home. Once again, thank you.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu May 21, 2015 3:15 pm
Hi Spencer - If you are having problems with creditors submitting claims. and I appreciate I don't know the detail here but generally speaking, would you not just consider sending the final notice to creditors so you have a fixed deadline to work from?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Thu May 21, 2015 4:58 pm
Hi Lisa – this is indeed what we do, however we first need to make sure that we have given the creditors sufficient time to submit their claim.

As promised though, we will investigate Tanno’s case in order to give them a full idea of what is happening as soon as we are able to.

Regards
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Fri May 22, 2015 9:44 am
Good morning.
E mail sent spencer. Again many thanks.

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Fri May 22, 2015 12:36 pm
Thank you Tanno, I have received your email and one of the team is currently looking into your case for you, we will be in touch as soon as we have an update for you.

Regards.
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

Spencer.Last

Post by Spencer.Last » Fri May 22, 2015 1:41 pm
Hi Tanno,

I understand that we have now spoken to you to confirm that the final payment to your IVA will be made in July and following this your closure report will be issued to you.

Once again I apologise that this was not made clear originally but I hope that we have now been able to give you satisfactory resolution.

Regards.
Spencer Last
Freeman Jones

Tanno

Post by Tanno » Fri May 22, 2015 2:38 pm
A massive thank you to Spencer and his team in getting our iva sorted. Fantastic service. Also a huge thanks to this wonderful site. Without it we would have gone stir crazy. The information that I have read and learnt has got me through all this. So 'thank you' all.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”