I feel so frustrated and upset

18 posts Page 1 of 2

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:03 pm
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to be such a misery on what is a beautiful day, but I have tears rolling down my face and need some friends to cheer me up.

My little boy is 6 tommorrow and we have been saving to take him to London for the day. Science museum is free and train tickets were purchased through Tesco clubcard, but his main treat is to go to Hamleys.

He has been saving up his money to spend in the toy ship and we have asked all the relatives if they can send him some money to put into his pot to spend. They asked 2 weeks ago, so have had enough time to think about it.

Well, the post has just been and he has received absolutely nothing for tomorrow from anyone, not even a card. They all know that we are leaving early in the morning before the post arrives and I just feel so cross and upset for him that they can't be bothered to get a gift to him on time. It hurts because he is a nephew, great nephew and Grandson that we are talking about and each of them only has one (him) to think about.

I feel let down by them all (yet again) [:(]

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:00 pm
Hi there. Sorry to hear about the let down. I know how you feel ( my lad is 7). I am sure he will enjoy his adventure in any case, and have a great day with you --- he can be entertained at the Science Museum for the whole time .... and then some :-)

Enjoy the day and have a wonderful trip.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Til

Post by Til » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:23 pm
Aw so sorry to hear this and how upset it's made you.

I know the feeling as my young daughter is often forgotten about by the husbands side of the family. They rarely get her anything now for birthdays or Christmas, and as she gets older I know she'll be wondering why not.

Your little boy being 6 will mean the whole adventure is so much more important to him. Let him get involved in everything he can at the museum. Then, when it comes to Hamley's, play the shopping game that we do which is where I tell my daughter (aged 7) how much she has to spend and then she works out how much to get by looking at the price tags and trying to add it up. She spends ages going round trying to make sure she gets the most for her money. It's great for maths and she's learning young how to maximise her money and get the most for a smaller amount.

I am sure your son will have the best day ever - to be on an adventure with your parents at that age is the best thing in the world, and looking back he'll remember the day not what toy he bought x
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:03 pm
Thank you both for the kind words, I have calmed down now [:D]

I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness until I was 19 when I decided that it was not the path for me, so never had any birthdays, Christmas etc when I was growing up. Guess that is why I always want to make sure I give my son everything that I missed out on, and being in an IVA makes it even more important to me that he doesn't lose out, as it is my debt and not his [;)]

Would have been nice to have given him a bit more spending money for London, but as you say it is a huge adventure for him as he has never been to London before.

If any cards/money turns up tomorrow after we have returned, just means he gets an extra trip to Toys R Us instead [:D] xx

Til

Post by Til » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:27 pm
That's the spirit :) and can totally understand things like birthdays and christmas being more important to you for your son now given that you didn't have them. It's all about the magic while they are little isn't it :)

But I know your son will have a great day, especially when his parents so clearly love him and want the best for him. Little kids just want your undivided attention and fun so I think he'll have the best day ever tomorrow - let him go pull faces at the guards at Buckingham Palace to try to get them to laugh - what more fun could a 6 year old boy want?! ;) x
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:08 pm
Oh I can totally understand your disappointment, bless you. I really hope you enjoy your day in London and the Science Museum (pretty jealous actually).

Hoping the cards etc., arrive tomorrow for when he gets home and then that's another exciting part of the day opening them and another trip out at some point to spend his birthday treats.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 pm
Hope the trip goes well. Have fun.

paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 am
Hello SuperGert and I hope that the trip was fun; I am sure it was as kids think differently to adults when it comes to needing to spend money to have fun.
I also hope that your son gets a whole pile of cash-and-card filled envelopes showering their way through your letterbox this morning.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:26 am
Hi Supergert, hope you have a good time, just remember your son is 6 so will enjoy whatever you do with him.

You get to spend a fun day together no matter what the relations do or don't do you and your son are the winners spending quality time together

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm
Hope you have had a wonderful day as a family and your son enjoyed his trip to London. He can now look forward to a trip to Toys R Us and spend that birthday money hopefully !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:20 pm
Hope you had a wonderful day all of you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

SuperGert

Post by SuperGert » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 pm
Well we have all come back from London well and truly shattered, but a fab day out by all.

He was able to buy the toy he really wanted from Hamleys which meant I had to give him an extra £5 to get it, but I wasn't going to deny him that little treat.

Only disappointing thing was returning home to an empty doormat, not even a card.

At least I can say he had a fab time with Mummy and Daddy [:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 pm
he had the important people there that's what mattered, bless him so glad he got the toy he really wanted and you all had a fab day. x

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:13 am
Glad you all had a fab day x
Steven & Debbie

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 am
Great to hear he had a fab time and with those closest to him. Mum, Dad and him on an adventure together -- what could be better ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “friends corner”