Clifford Watts

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:17 pm
This PPI thing and Creditfix...
Nobody has yet told me that Clifford Watts are not trading, so as far as I am concerned they actually handle the PPI thing unless I get told otherwise.
So how come CF are leaping on the PPI bandwagon?
Or is CW not trading?
CF said that they take over the PPI when they take over the IVA. But is this just them saying it as I haven't signed anything with them? How many companies can be doing the PPI side of things at any one time? What if they are now BOTH doing it but not corresponding with each other?

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:25 am
I have been wondering this also ivamess. I have just phoned Clifford Watts, got straight through on the 0800 number.A very helpful lady said someone called Melanie (!) had now taken over Mickey Griffiths cases, and she is going to give me a call back. Will let you know if I get any answers

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:49 am
Thanks, Lou. Mickey Griffiths was my consultant too. I wonder therefore about the CF terms and conditions. Please does anyone know if our PPI is still being handled by Clifford Watts is this where it stays or do CF override it?

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 pm
I am interested too I know their fees were a lot less than other firms. If Creditfix have taken over our PPI claims have CW been informed? what happens to the work they have already done? If not does this 50% carrot actually apply????

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:11 pm
I am also waiting for CW to ring me back but I have been told that since I signed the mandate, yes, they are doing the PPI claim. Now, they only take 25% but I bet judging on what we have all heard about fees, CF will go for the full 40%. This would mean 65% in fees to two separate companies. Can CF do this without permission? I haven't signed anything.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:28 pm
Hi, Well I did receive a call back from Clifford Watts, who were very helpful and explained everything brilliantly. They are still very much in operation and have just been finalising my own PPI claim. I put the wheels in motion on this in February, but I think it was delayed due to the transfer. It is worth noting that although many Iva companies have their own "in house" PPI claims teams, as in with PJG and Clifford Watts, the 2 run alongside each other, but are 2 independent companies. This is why Clifford Watts are still investigating PPI claims. I was given the choice of not finalising my claim with them, but as its near enough complete, I am hoping to stay with them. If I were to go with Creditfix to investigate PPI, I would have to start again. Once my claim is complete, I will receive written confirmation from CW that all PPI has been investigated. I would hope that this would be acceptable to Creditfix? I would also think that I would not need to sign the modifications if my PPI claim has already concluded?
I have to say, that after my conversation today I feel quite reassured and much happier. The important part of an IVA is the proposal stage, and once terms have been set, they cannot be changed. I am lucky, and have had a fairly smooth ride during my IVA so far (touch wood!) Ive had minimal contact with PJG, and this is because of the way it was set up. For this, I am very grateful to Melanie and her team.
Ivamess, would you have to have both companies investigate PPI? as i said, surely if you have formal, written notification that its been done, that should be enough. If CW have said they will ring, then I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. it sounded like they are going through all ongoing claims at the moment.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:45 pm
I rang CF and was happy with what I heard. The guy felt that Clifford Watts claiming 25% was fine, that they will cover the costs of Clifford Watts and that everything is settled. Happy that this is going well.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:26 pm
When I was transferred from Tenon to GT my PPI business remained with the firm Tenon had engaged and they simply carried on correspondence with GT -- never had any impact upon me at all.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:52 pm
Clifford Watts started our PPI in Feb this year I assumed as I had emailed Mickey and their generic email address and heard nothing back this was all to start again, I will call CW on Monday and see what they say.
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:10 pm
Well that's reassuring that CF are happy to have CW conclude the PPI claims. So surely, I wouldn't need to sign the modifications then? The more I think about it, the more I don't see any reason to. I don't see how it could delay the conclusion of my IVA as the email from CF implies.
I would definitely give them a call Harrysmummmy, as I started my PPI at the same time as you, so hopefully yours will have progressed by now too.

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:16 pm
Yes I definitely will this has given me a bit of hope, I too am very reluctant to sign any new t&c' especially a our dividend was o low to start with at £0.17 so any hike in fee's is going to give the creditors next to nothing. The main thing worrying me is the equity at the end and if they will try to delay completion in anyway
Last edited by harrysmummy78 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inter-locking IVA approved 25th Feb 2013 - F&F offer Accepted 06th July 2017 - Completion Certificate received 20th July 2017

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:28 pm
Me too Harrysmummy. I'm fast approaching month 54, and the amount of equity in my property is very close to call as to whether we have to extend or not. I'm worrying about how creditfix will deal with that. PPI was the only other thing that concerned me, but my phone call today has reassured me as I said.

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:37 pm
Mine was started months ago too as one of the forms had sctually expired in sept so i had to sign another one! I will be ringing on monday too what on earth would be the point in starting again?

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:40 pm
I emailed Clifford Watts a few weeks ago when I heard about the PJG issue and received an email to say Mickey had left. Melanie has since contacted me to say that my investigation is ongoing and she will be in contact with me shortly - we are luckily staying with PJG for the time being.

harrysmummy78

Post by harrysmummy78 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 am
Just spoke to CW Melanie is out of the office but will review and call me back to et me know what is going on with the PPI claim I am hoping it is near complete.
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”