F&F accepted

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:11 pm
My parent's F&F offer has been accepted! So happy especially as I should have my completion certificate very soon.

I would like to thank the Creditfix team because of late they have been amazing, special thanks to Shirley and Greg for their advice and speedy actions to get this thing complete. Although they started off on the wrong foot at this end of the process I have to say that my case could not have been handled any better or more efficiently.

I would also like to extend heartfelt thanks to Michael Peoples for his excellent advice and support both here and off the forum. He's a very special guy the like of which one doesn't find many these days and someone the modern world could do with more of because he is a true gentleman

Finally huge thanks are also due to this board and to everyone who has replied to my posts and buoyed me up along the way

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:16 pm
Brilliant news - congratulations!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:18 pm
I am delighted for you and hopefully you get the completion certificate soon. Glad I could help.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:46 am
Great news Girmswold.

There are many people here who ask what a sensible F&F would be, if you're inclined to it might be heloful if youre willing to share what youre initial debt was, monthly payments and how far in you were and the amount they accepted, it might help others guage their offers ? I know everyone has a unique situation but it may prove useful to someone else weighing up a F&F.

I know its a lot of personal info and understand if you'd rather not.

2 things to look forward to now, the certificate (and final report - keep them both) and coming off that pesky register !
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:48 am
...or maybe a link if you discussed your F&F on here before making it (i did try searching for said discussion but couldn't find it).

Or maybe the above as percentages instead of figures ? e.g. original debt was 100% over 15 months I paid 9% in and my final settlement value with X months to run was for 80% and they accepted it....
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:44 pm
I think he means his posts in general.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:41 pm
Grimswold,

Can I ask what the outcome was of the situation back in March where they were threatening to fail peoples IVA's if they didnt sign up to the new terms ? Did people have to sign up or did people like yourself initiate a formal complaint and they reconsidered their position ?

Your posts above that has praise for them does appear a complete 180 degree turn vs the opinion people held of them in March, have they gone through a radical change in attitudes ? (from your perspective) ? or was it their poor approach to things that drove you to try and get the f&f at all costs to get away from them ? (i know, who doesn't want to get out an IVA) - did life get harder once they got involved ?

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:20 pm
Good news, well done and best of luck for the future.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:21 pm
Hi Longslog, I didn't sign any T&Cs and never heard any more about it.

As far as the change in attitude goes, I have found a radical change in their practice of late. Every issue I have raised has been handled promptly and courteously and I really have not had any complaint whatsoever for the past six months.

The "agreeing to let them take money out of our account" problem that surfaced a few months back never affected us as nobody ever tried to get us to change our payment method and the only place we heard about it was on this forum.

From what I have been told, my IVA is about to get wrapped up super-quick, I should have my certificate in a couple of weeks and the closure seems to be going as smooth as silk (unless I have spoken too soon).

Greg Balfour has been incredibly helpful and Shirley Jeen equally so.

Maybe the company has taken note of all my groans and moans here, but I can honestly say they seem to have done a complete 180 and I am perfectly happy with the way things have worked out. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know but my dealings with Greg and Shirley have restored my faith.

Initial debt around £32K,@ 9p/£ accepted £4K with £4700 to go. (Rough figures). Was advised as to what would be sensible to offer by Shirley at CF, and this figure was exactly the same as what Michael Peoples had advised as a suitable settlement figure so I don't feel that there was any pressure on CFs part to push contributions up. I settled because declining health and mother's offer to clear it meant that I would not have to worry about reduced ability to work in the future.

Hope that answers the question, GW.

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:23 pm
The only downside is remaining on that ****** register for six years total, after settling the debt after 18 months. Seems wrong somehow.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:35 pm
Grimswold.
Your name will come off the register within three months of the certificate being issued but your credit file will still be damaged for six years from commencement of the IVA. One less thing to worry about.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

linrog

Post by linrog » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm
well done i too had our full and final offer accepted yesterday am still on cloud 9
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over

grimswold

Post by grimswold » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:02 pm
Well done Linrog. It's a lovely feeling - were you with CF too?

recovering

Post by recovering » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:22 pm
That is great news for you and Creditfix, I hope it continues, I would love to hear from someone (ex PJG) who has equity. I really want to know how Creditfix deal with it in relation to the terms and conditions we have

linrog

Post by linrog » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:28 pm
no we are with hb they have been brilliant through out our 4 years
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”