Hi all its been a while - More PPI Forms?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Jules79

Post by Jules79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:42 pm
Hi Guys & Dolls,

Long Time no speak, its been a fair few months since I was last on here, we completed our IVA in Dec 2014 - life is good and we're doing well rebuilding our finances.

My question is - Since completion we haven't heard anything from Grant Thornton other than receiving our CofC, then a random letter from Aperture saying they were instructing a company to contact us regarding getting us a better mortgage deal (were happy paying at 2..5% so ignored the letter) and then today a letter came with some permission letters for us to sign in order for them to instruct another company to reclaim our PPI AGAIN?!
We were rewarded with just under £20Ks worth of PPI when EIC were instructed to do it,
How can they ask us again and also can we refuse?

We also never did get the 8% SI, what is the next port of call regarding this?

Many Thanks
Jules
**23'04'14 - IVA Complete F&F Agreed with payments made to date oh and a fat PPI reclaim helped too. Completion Certificate received 23'10'14 ** After a couple of years of waking up and 'surviving' the day I now wake up and 'Live' for the day!!
**Any comments I make are purely my own opinions**

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:54 pm
Hi, glad you're doing well and life is good for you.

Odd, and wonder why they're trying again for PPI when it's been awarded already?

Did you agree to PPI claims after IVA closed, so as to get your certificate early?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:02 pm
GT are remining ppi claims.

It's hard to work out what they can do if you say no.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Jules79

Post by Jules79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:25 pm
Hi Lesley :-)

Thank you for your reply, we actually thought we were done with GT. We knew that people were having issues getting the Statutory Interest off them back then. We had asked and were told it would take a while to sort. We since have moved on with life not really thinking too much about it, that was until today.
We never agreed to any PPI claims after our completion because they never actually needed to because as far as they were aware our PPI claims were satisfied hence why our early completion was accepted.

These letters are instructing the new company to apply again due to - 'media reports on how some lenders have failed to ensure their customers had a truly fair assessment as to whether PPI was in fact mis-sold. To ensure that such further investigations are fully pursued, we have appointed Slater Hayward Law (SHL) to manage all claim activity going forward and to ensure previous claims were properly settled. This will include pursuing any additional claims relating to PPI which may have been mis-sold but previously overlooked for compensation.
You may have already engaged with a CMC, and/or made claims directly for compensation for mis-sold PPI. Irrespective of the category into which your claims fall, we should be obliged if you would co-operate with SHL to ensure a proper review can be completed into how your lenders dealt with your claims. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT ANY COMPENSATION PAID TO DATE, BUT WILL ALLOW US TO PROPERLY DRAW A CLOSE TO THE MATTER'.

As far as we are concerned our business with GT finished in December 2014 when they sent us a letter dismissing themselves from us?
**23'04'14 - IVA Complete F&F Agreed with payments made to date oh and a fat PPI reclaim helped too. Completion Certificate received 23'10'14 ** After a couple of years of waking up and 'surviving' the day I now wake up and 'Live' for the day!!

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:31 pm
Other people have rang GT reminding them that they have their completion certificate as they have been doing this en masse going back years.

You probably signed a deed of assignment anyway.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Jules79

Post by Jules79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:42 pm
Thanks Lifenoteasy

I shall give them a call on Monday and see what they have to say.

We signed that many letters and forms I lost track, I possibly sold my soul to the devil and couldn't have cared less due to being so ill suffering with a breakdown.
I am however back to a better version of myself and dealing with lines issues as they come. I just need that clarity going forwards on what exactly they are able ask of us?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:48 pm
You didn't sell your soul to the devil - you just found yourself.

They are pushing it because of a court case that they think impacts on them but doesn't really.

Also ppi reclaims have to stop by 2018.

Just stand your ground a little.

Jules79

Post by Jules79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:04 pm
Thanks for your kind words :-)

Someone actually has had a court case? I thought this would happen after reading so many disgruntled people.

I have managed to get the results I needed this far, I'm not about to disappoint.

I'll mention the 8% SI whist I'm at it too, be nice for a cash injection!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:07 pm
I'm so glad you're feeling much better now and give them that call on Monday and don't blame you for asking about the 8% too, why not.x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Jules79

Post by Jules79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:19 pm
Thank you Lesley, life is a much better place. Its remarkable how things can affect you. X

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:21 pm
Glad you are doing ok - know where you are coming from.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jules79

Post by Jules79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:54 pm
Thanks Kallis, its been a long road and one which is with me each day. Its made me a stronger person. Like a phoenix from the flames I like to explain it as.

Can anyone point me in the direction of these 'media reports' I stopped watching the news and reading the tabloids a few years ago. Its Full of fear and negativity!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 am
Hi - which media reports are you referring to?

The Court case is Wright v Green and is due to be heard in the summer. Its about whether debtors get to keep any PPI once they have had their CC or whether its held on trust for the IVA.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:11 am
SHL are referring to ongoing media reports about whether consonies actually processed ppi refunds correctly.

It's just another excuse to remine ppi claims prior to 2018.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:21 pm
Thanks for clarifying.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”