Things are moving along...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 pm
Sent all paperwork last week ... Few phone calls from steps change to clarify a few points , phone cal today to say proposal being drafted ... So far so good ... Keeping in touch , communication good so far ! Early days but here's hoping ! Mmm the phone calls from creditors started !! Wrote to some .. Mnba and barclays been ok , aqua and vanquis ringing incessantly! Keep blocking numbers and they use different ones !! Vanquis even try to trick you with your local area code !! Riding the Storm ;) fingers crossed ! Told its a straight forward case so it's up to the creditors
IVA accepted 15 April 2015

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:56 pm
Shouldn't be too long now .... fingers crossed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:22 pm
I would answer tbe calls and then not agree to the security questions asked ... they can't proceed without these being cleared ... or inform them politely that you are entering an iva and that they have already been contacted by your IP before hanging up
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:29 pm
Hi Slowlygoingunder,

It's great that things are moving along for you !

I know that the creditors calling etc is a pain, but sometimes they just love a last ditch attempt to money before you enter the agreement, so seem to try anything !

I always told them straight what we were doing and gave out IVA co details to them to call them directly with any questions.

For us they stopped when we did the above, but for some it was after the meeting was held.

Keep your chin up !
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:56 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by MrsR

Hi Slowlygoingunder,

It's great that things are moving along for you !

I know that the creditors calling etc is a pain, but sometimes they just love a last ditch attempt to money before you enter the agreement, so seem to try anything !

I always told them straight what we were doing and gave out IVA co details to them to call them directly with any questions.

For us they stopped when we did the above, but for some it was after the meeting was held.

Keep your chin up !
thank you :) I have wrote or emailed to them giving details and ref number , some have agreed to hold off but some are very persistant ! Even calling at 10pm ! Tbh I'm not that bothered , will be getting very jittery as creditors meeting is imminent! Feel quite calm strangely enough at the moment ! Could be my because my bank stil has funds and not in the red !! Not been like that for a long time ! My budgeting skills are in training !

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:12 pm
We felt the same when waiting for our meeting date ! The initial load off your shoulders by taking the step to enter was great, but we did have a fair few sleepless nights after this more with nerves as the day approaches, but everyone on here was/still is great, as was our IVA co.

We've got the butterflies at the moment as we have a F&F offer being put forward end of this month, so keeping ourselves focussed on that at the moment.

The budgeting skills will get better! We are still even now (just started year 3) keeping such a keen eye on every penny, but being in the black and shopping frugally and seeing how your money is being spent has been a good help with this :)

You may have trying times, but I remember writing a few pages of how we felt about the debt and our situation etc at the beginning to remind us of why we entered the IVA and whenever we've wobbled, we've given it a read. That's a wake up call!

The forum is here and is a great support, so lots of people here if you ever need to vent !
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 pm
Sounds like all is on track, hang in there once accepted those creditor calls may continue for a short time but once the acceptance filters through to the relevant departments it will be silence!

Good luck and hoping all goes smooth for you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

stoneyB

Post by stoneyB » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:21 pm
If it gets too bad you can always claim that it is not you, and say "you"have moved. Being helpful though, you give them a new number for "you". Possibly give the number of one of those one of those PPI companies! When they update the database their computers will ring that one instead.

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:23 pm
Thanks for all the support :) love the idea of giving ppi number ! Only got a mobile though .. Could say I've just found it and don't know what they are taking about ;) funnily enough not one call today so far .... Must have blocked every possible number !!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:17 pm
You could always fail the security questions. They cannot continue the conversation.

Or when they ask for you, say you're someone else and that you're working until 10pm, they don't call back that late.

I took the advice of someone on here and changed the contact number from the online account to 07000 000000.

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:17 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by relieved33

You could always fail the security questions. They cannot continue the conversation.

Or when they ask for you, say you're someone else and that you're working until 10pm, they don't call back that late.

I took the advice of someone on here and changed the contact number from the online account to 07000 000000.

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:18 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by relieved33

oh yes ! Like that idea ! See if I get any calls tomorrow !

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:24 am
When in the mood I used to go along with them, answer all their questions of which the last one was invariably, "Can you make a payment now?" at which point I would simply say "No, I am going into an IVA". If they wanted to waste my time I was happy to waste theirs.

Some creditors were very pleasant ( AA Financial in particular), one, who called several times ( can't remember which creditor ) was a very nice sounding Asian lady with a really sexy voice ( I miss her!).

At the end of the day YOU are finally in control, so take the reins and enjoy the ride :-)

I might add that this also applies to your IP ..it is YOUR arrangement, not theirs and YOU need to read it .... understand it and OWN it !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Slowlygoingunder

Post by Slowlygoingunder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:52 pm
Oooo just in from work and my proposal has arrived !! Off for a good read through and il be back ........

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:33 pm
Read it through, have a cup of tea, then read it again :-)
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”