Looking for mortgage advisor.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 1 of 2

Victoria.w

Post by Victoria.w » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:42 pm
hi, we are coming to the end of our iva, end date April 2017. We would like to move house but need some advice on how we go about it. we have had the same mortgage company for 13yrs. any advice or points of contact for special mortgage advisors who deal with this would be appreciated.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:47 pm
Hi and welcome,

You're IVA will remain on your record for six years from the start of the IVA.

You can speak to either of our mortgage experts on here nearer the time, Ryan or Shaun (details under the 'Ask experts a question' link on the left) and they may be able to help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:30 pm
As Kallis mentions -- have a word with Ryan and / or Shaun. They have helped many forum members get mortgages placed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:39 pm
The nubbin and it's all be said before make all trace of your IVA has gone.

When that time comes you have a choice have faith in statute (the highest law in the land) that your IVA has gone as if it never existed (as i did) and went n got a regular high st mortgage from the biggest lender on the high st. When asked have I been in an IVA i said no and boing simple as (other lending criteria aside) one regular fixed rate mortgage. Of course you could say yes and well it'll be a flat no and never come back. Or you could use a broker of course, well we all have to make a living, nowt wrong with that and the brokers have helped many...They'll want all trace of your IVA removed anyway or its' complicated.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:59 pm
Some people have done that, and Ryan and Shaun have also been able to get people mortgages at high street rates.

I would never advocate lying on any application forms.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:10 pm
Whilst Sponge is free to recount his own experiences, we cannot, as a forum, advise or condone fraudulent claims on credit or mortgage applications and we do not.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:18 pm
I know but statute is the highest law in the land and as banks are systemically corrupt along with big business VW, Siemans,Tesco what is left untouched, us I suppose..So it's just a life choice and now I'm normal (subjective) well adjusted back in normal fiscal society

sponge

Post by sponge » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:25 pm
Now foggy remember what the general director of Experian said on Radio 2 on mortgage applications(they make the software that detects fraud for the CML) that's not a fraudulent thing to do. He's definition of fraudulent is those naughty people out there that want to take the lenders money and not pay it back..Beyond statute it's none of the lenders business or what's the point of statute

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:37 pm
Totally agree with Foggy
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:14 pm
Sponge, the law has a different definition to Experians:

"Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006 states that a person is guilty of fraud by false representation if they dishonestly make a false representation and intend to do so to make a gain for themselves or another. A representation is false if it is untrue or misleading and the person making it knows it to be. It may be expressed clearly or implied."

As mentioned before, I have personal experience of dealing with people who have lied on mortgage applications ... it ain't pretty !

Could you quote the statute that states an IVA never existed ( spent ) after 6 years, please ? The credit reference agencies themselves state that they remove records after 6 years because, IN THEIR OPINION, they are no longer required.
Last edited by Foggy on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:16 pm
Once again I agree with Foggy - it can come back and bite you in the future.
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:42 pm
They agreed with the Ico that continuing to hold or process the data was excessive to allow them to comply with the DPA.

Sounds more like self preservation otherwise they were heading for a run in that could affect their business.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:33 pm
HI Victoria - out of interest you have stated your IVA is due to end in April - is this when your payments are due to finish?

Some IP firms can take up to 6 months to close I'm afraid and then it will take up to 3 more months before you come off the register and can begin to tidy up your credit.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Victoria.w

Post by Victoria.w » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:02 pm
Hi lisa, yes our last payment is in april. Thanks for your advice!! We wont be able to move straight away, i just thought id ask so we have a rough idea #128522;

Originally posted by Lisa Thomas[/i]

HI Victoria - out of interest you have stated your IVA is due to end in April - is this when your payments are due to finish?

Some IP firms can take up to 6 months to close I'm afraid and then it will take up to 3 more months before you come off the register and can begin to tidy up your credit.

[/quote]

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:06 am
You will want to keep the pressure on your IP to close quickly otherwise you might not be able to tidy up your credit rating until January 2018!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”