Anyone use ClearDebt?

20 posts Page 1 of 2

moneyisthedevil

Post by moneyisthedevil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:00 pm
Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this company. We are with them (our IVA got sold onto them) x
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb trees it'll go its whole life thinking it's stupid" Einstein x

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 pm
Hello,

They are a well respected company on here and do have a representative known as Size5.

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm
Hi, I am with Cleardebt and have nothing but praise for them so far. Just gone through my 1st review and everything went very smoothly. In my first year, I had no real contact with them until the review as everything went very well in the first 12 months and long may it continue. If I have called their office, got straight through on the phone and girls were very helpful.
Good luck with them but I think I made a very good choice with Cleardebt.
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:09 pm
we're with cleardebt and a week away from 3 years in! they have been fantastic with us, we've never been made to feel stupid for our situation or judged which was one of our biggest worries. From the start they managed to get us an allowance to enable my son to carry on his sport he played at a very high lever. Hubby's car died 8 months in and we had a payment reduction whcih enabled us to have a lease car. My car broke in October whcih left us with a huge bill, above our savings, and they allowed us to make a reduced payment and repay. All dealt with very quickly indeed. I will never have the need to use them again, I hope, but would say to anyone to call them to see what they think as we're really happy with our choice.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:07 pm
I trust the above posts will reassure you and Size5 is a nice gent who posts excellent advice on the forum x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:12 pm
Mike is a lovely man and we have met him and the CEO. If there are any problems at all they will help you sort them out.

moneyisthedevil

Post by moneyisthedevil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 pm
Orrr this is fab xx
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb trees it'll go its whole life thinking it's stupid" Einstein x

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 pm
Thank you everyone for kind words.

A forum of this nature does mean that sometimes you will get praised to high heaven, for which we, and I, are very grateful, and sometimes we have queries to answer, which has happened recently on a couple of threads.

In the end, all we can do is to do our very best for every single client that we have.

Thanks again.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:41 pm
although size5 helped me a lot with the problems i was having with cleardebt i would not recommend them to anybody as i found them very hard to deal with and very un-proffesional to say the least my opinion only and you did ask
never cment on me speling its rubbish and i didnt go to schola lot okk

made bankrupt 1st august 2012 at 10.00am
now disharged so bankrupt no more thank god im free of debt now

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:55 pm
Most big companies will have negative posts at some times. Cleardebt do come recommended by a lot of people.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:03 pm
I realise that, in this case, the OP didn't chose the company. However, in general. all companies will have their happy as well as unhappy clients. An IVA brings you into a fairly intimate financial relationship and it is imperative that people do the research, speak to a few companies and read around the forums for a picture of how these companies work and find one that ticks all your own personal boxes.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:05 pm
I have no intentions of ever using them again - but would 100% if we ever found ourselves in this position again. They have been fantastic for us, we've leased a car whilst in an IVA, had extra allowances for our talented son to continue a sport to a high level and reduced payments. Every time I've called they have been most helpful, professional and polite. We could not have asked for more.

terry d

Post by terry d » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 pm
its all about choice,if i was going to have tyres fitted id never recommend kwick fit,i dont use sainsburys to shop,id never have virgin phone/tv/internet,and never recommend cleardebt,we all have our chices to make in life due to past experiance if a company f**ks up ill let people know not to use them
never cment on me speling its rubbish and i didnt go to schola lot okk

made bankrupt 1st august 2012 at 10.00am
now disharged so bankrupt no more thank god im free of debt now

Karen.mg

Post by Karen.mg » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:29 pm
I'm with cleardebt, the first 3 years no problems at all, but there again I never paid any mre attention to them other than the annual reviews, year 3 payments increased and hubbies almost doubled to over £1100 monthly but the good news was that in January this year at our 4th year review he was discharged 2 years early but that was when my problems started!! My monthly payment went up to nearly £950, not only was it being calculated on mine and hubbies wage but they included our daughters pay too, it took me till about 2 weeks ago to re-negotiate with the CEO and then I'm still paying more than double last years payment. Fingers crossed I get an early discharge too, but I'm not banking on it xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:01 pm
Cleardebt is a large company so it stands to reason there will be a number of complaints about them. We hear more about the complaints on here - it's the nature of the forum as people are often looking for help when they have a problem. We rarely hear from satisfied customers.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “who would you recommend?”