Payplan closure certificates

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2

SFA

Post by SFA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:19 pm
Having made a full and final offer to Payplan in early March this year, I complained as it took them to the end of August to arrange a variation meeting where the offer was accepted. Payplan were in receipt if the money within days.
I rang the other day to ask where my certificate was and was told it all with accounts.

I then e-mailed them to confront them about Green v Wright and they then admitted that my certificate along with every other Payplan certificate is on hold until at least January 2016 pending the outcome of the appeal.

I have now complained as to why I wasn't told either on the phone or in a letter and asked how this affects my arrangement specifically. Raging, absolutely raging. The timing of the court case, my offer, the huge delay in calling a meeting, the appeal dates, it all stinks of deception and lies on Payplan's part. I have given them 28 to issue my certificate and made it clear that I am, and always was willing to have any and all PPI funds sent to the IP. If no joy, then it's off to the ombudsman and instruct a solicitor.
Last edited by SFA on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SFA

SFA

Post by SFA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:11 pm
This is what the Judge sitting at the High a Court noted :

“If the debtor and the supervisor wish to make specific provision for the supervisor’s powers to continue after the conclusion of the IVA in relation to possible PPI mis-selling claims, then the remedy is for the supervisor to insist upon a special agreement with the debtor to the effect that any moneys received from such a mis-selling claim shall be paid to the supervisor, and distributed to the creditors, notwithstanding the conclusion of the IVA.”
“If the debtor is not prepared to agree to such a modification of the terms of the IVA, then the supervisor has it within his power simply to withhold the issue of a certificate of completion.”

I have always made it clear that I agreed that PPI claims made available after issue of the closure certificate should go the the arrangement. Isn't that what Payplan's mass variation meeting a couple of years ago agreed ? It's a disgrace that people's lives are on hold for no good reason or fault of their own.
Payplan should write to their clients and ask them to agree as above and get on with closure.
SFA

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:13 pm
My husbands closure letter specifically stated that any PPI afterwards would go to the creditors. Mine didn't.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

SFA

Post by SFA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:20 pm
Kallis,

I'd be quite happy for my certificate to state that. Not bothered in the slightest.
SFA

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:22 pm
We weren't either - there is no PPI anyway but at least we got that all important letter.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

SFA

Post by SFA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:26 pm
Exactly the same as me. There is no PPI. That other shower, Equity in Finance exhausted all avenues and came up with a couple of hundred pounds that went straight to Payplan. EIF told me that they had concluded their investigations and that no more PPI was evident.
SFA

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:25 am
I fail to see how this case is causing Payplan a problem but regardless the appeal is more likely to be April or May and not January.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:04 am
Michael - Is it just payplan that are using this case as an excuse not to send closure certificates ?

SFA I would be pushing this with payplan daily as we know another posted argued their case last week with their supervisor and subsequently they were told it was on its way.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:44 am
I am not sure if anyone else is using it as an excuse. We are the firm fighting the case and we are still closing cases so I cannot see the problem.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:56 am
Payplan are the only company I know of and it does seem silly.

It means that you will still be on the register and can't clean up your credit files if there are any defaults.
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:19 am
Storm in a teacup with only the lawyers and ppi companies winning.

Still comes down to if you regard ppi worth fighting for it was always an asset that you were potentially hoping to benefit from.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:06 pm
By the way have the creditors been paid or has this been suspended as well?
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:20 pm
I would think the creditors have been paid - husbands were paid
Bob Marley.

bobbydavro

Post by bobbydavro » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:34 pm
Hi
Im with payplan and i had the same problem however i laid it down to them and today i received my completion letter. It does state that PPI still belongs to them though which i didnt agree to.
Over and out

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:51 pm
To be fair, it does really belong to the creditors and will mean (if you have any) that they will receive more back.
Bob Marley.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”