Who has been waiting the longest for their C of C?

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
21 posts Page 1 of 2

mark2

Post by mark2 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:07 am
Good morning everyone. Next week will see the two year anniversary of my final IVA payment...and I'm still waiting for Grant Thornton to send my CofC. I have ticked every box with them and had confirmation that there was no PPI to claim back three months ago and still no CofC.

Has anyone on here been waiting longer than two years? Which firm are you dealing with?(do I need to ask?)

skint til payday

Post by skint til payday » Wed May 29, 2013 8:33 am
wow, sorry to hear this.. I had my MVM meeting last week apparently and was advides this should now be completed within the next 6-8 weeks. Have you had yours yet?
This is really worrying.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am
That is shocking Mark, I don't understand what excuse Grant Thornton have for delays like this. I hope you get your C of C soon.

ljg

Post by ljg » Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 am
Full and final payed in Feb 2011(Yes Feb 2011).Have jumped through all the hoops and still no sign of Comp Cert.Am with GT.Anybody beat that?

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 29, 2013 10:53 am
2 years is not fair surely GT should have acted in your favour before now!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ljg

Post by ljg » Wed May 29, 2013 11:07 am
I had hoped that would have been the case Lesley but unfortunately not.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm
Your patience far exceeds mine but then again what can you do? nothing I think it's all in their hands isn't it.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

ClareSilver

Post by ClareSilver » Wed May 29, 2013 2:15 pm
People should not be waiting 2 years for a certificate of completion, this is appalling. I would certainly complain and take it to the regulatory bodies if it were me!

mark2

Post by mark2 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm
Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing that I can do - I've tried everything.

LGJ, have you always been with GT or did you start your IVA with another firm? This is the annoying thing for me as GT took ownership of my IVA (from BE) with one payment remaining and it has been a nightmare ever since. I have contacted GT with a request to put us all into some form of priority list because if they are issuing C of C's to people after six months and then leaving the likes of us for over twenty four months I'd explode.

ljg

Post by ljg » Wed May 29, 2013 4:39 pm
Mark2,I have been with GT since day 1,to be honest my problems only started when I attempted to get my Cert of Comp.I made numerous phone calls to thier customer service team over the first 12 months having made a full and final settlement in 2011,only to be given contradictory information at every turn,I have even e-mailed my IP direct with little effect.
Can I suggest you try to make contact with Karol at thier customer service dept,I have found her to be helpfull and as informative as she is able to be.It is my understanding that GT are currently runnng MVM with creditors so I am expecting some info in the next couple of days otherwise I will be contacting thier complaints dept and then reporting to thier regulator.

kst101

Post by kst101 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 pm
I've only been waiting 11 months so not long in the scheme of things it would seem. Just concerned about when my case will be part of the MVM as GT didn't get the acceptance of it when it was posted and not convinced anyone has done anything with the emailed version either...
Paid F&F in July 2012 and received CC in July 2013 :-)

slushysnow

Post by slushysnow » Wed May 29, 2013 4:49 pm
You are of no importance to them anymore If you call them say you are a new customer and you will get a response super fast Once you finish as far as I see it is just to move on dont borrow again from anywhere and leave it at that When the time comes around there maybe some form of payment that you can get for the shoddy service that you have had Thousands are waiting and being told 6 to 8 weeks If you get that in writing then they should be held accountable to it All you see is oh how wonderful they were or are when you are a new customer and thats all they care about once you sign you are a paying customer for 5 years You are not I am not
coming up to 9 months for me and not had 1 single phone call 1 letter 1 email nothing zero zilch from my IVA company
If I was late with a payment or asked to miss 1 month I would get a hundred mails and calls about it telling me to do this or that and then told no you cant
scandalous does not come close to what they do with customers at the end but we cant do a thing about it This is supposed to be a serious legal and financial agreement that you sign for and you do your part and then get treated like nothing at the end
Just forget em basically at least you have the monthly payment in your pocket and to me I just thought of it as a 5 year bank loan simple as that done and paid end of story :)

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm
I feel so sorry for you all, we've been waiting for 5 months and it's really getting us down and causing problems with several things.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

mark2

Post by mark2 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:28 pm
Do the IP's actually exist? In the seven years since starting an IVA I have not managed to speak to one once! :)

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:36 pm
They certainly do exist, and I know both of them very well mark2. Which one is acting for you, and how many times have you attempted to get them to speak to you without success?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”