Clearing up credit file. Any help appreciated.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Jason.mc

Post by Jason.mc » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:22 pm
I enetered an IVA 1st April 2008 and completed the IVA 1st April 2013, it is now April 2014 and I have been advised that the IVA should be removed from my credit report. Another thing that worries me is that on my credit report the original debts that were included in my IVA are showing seperately as still being in default, they are also showing as being passed on to another company, all being Capquest Investments LTD, should this be the case? I have been lead to believe that all should now be wiped from my credit report. Any help appreciated.

gailduncan1127

Post by gailduncan1127 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:15 pm
Hi Jason,

I am also going through the same process at the moment. I have managed to get mine to come off my credit records now, but i had to send a copy of my completion certficate to all three credit agencies, and then anything that is left on the records i had to send messages to the credit agencies stating that the dates were wrong, or that the debt had been included in my IVA, and that this should now be removed from my record. It does get done, but not the quickest process. Good Luck.
Gail Duncan

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:11 pm
I did exactly the same as gailduncan1127, sent a copy to all 3 of the completion certificate asking for any defaults to be remedied and to be fair, it was pretty painless for me as they actioned all very quickly.

Just got my hubby's to do now as he won't do it!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:37 pm
Still one default which i am arguing over to be removed ... It goes naturally in June so part of me thinks hold on now ! Frustrating though !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:30 am
Hi Jason, my dates are exactly the same as yours. The IVA came off the report fairly quickly after completion for me, and this should have been sorted out for you by your IP as it is their responsibility to inform the insolvency register to get it removed.
I was in the exact same position with Capquest and I have looked on today with Noddle and this has now disappeared as my credit report has been updated. I was 1/5 yesterday and I am now 4/5 today.
Get in touch with your IVA provider reference the IVA completion but I would wait until the end of the month regards the Capquest default as it should clear itself on the 6 year anniversary.
Good luck.
IVA completed April 2013
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”