Advice Needed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:52 pm
Guys/Experts,

I need some guidance/help. I work in the finance industry and completed by IVA in July last year (F&F early settlement). I am off the register and have tidyied up my credit file (with the help of the ICO) and all will disappear at the end of November.

During my IVA my career took off and i now find myself on the cusp of being asked to apply for approved person status in October.

I never told my employe about my IVA as it was not a contractual obligation at the time and as the years have gone on I have lived my life in fear of it all coming out. From a honesty and integrity point of view (corner stones of the FCA) this is not great but the paradox is that if i had come clean so to speak I would not have progressed to this position.

So in October (5 years and 11months after this all started) it looks like it all might cone to light as i cant lie to the FCA on my application. My question is this - if my appllication was delayed to December when all traces are gone would the FCA discover I was once in a IVA if i did not disclose?

Such a stressful situation and i am lost for a way forward!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:30 pm
I hear your concerns .... Are you able to speak to the HR dept in confidence ? I would be upfront I think and hope they are reasonable and can see you have made sacrifices and inroads to resolving the issue.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm
I think that the FCA will look at all applications presented on a case by case basis, and then decide whether to provide approvals based on the quality of the application, and the audit process they are expected to follow.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:38 pm
I am of a mind now that full disclosure is what i need to do but does anybody know that after you are off the register and 6 years has passed so your credit file is clean is there a way the FCA or anybody else can find out the IVA existed?

Thanks for your help/advice everyone

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:48 pm
They may ask you the question, and you would need to be honest with your answer.

Cheshiredebt

Post by Cheshiredebt » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:26 am
Absolutely I would need to that in the spirit of full disclosure bearing in mind how important honesty is in these positions.

My question still stands though - is there a way someone can find out an IVA existed once the register and credit file is clean?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 am
A lot of lenders retain old historic lists of data from the Insolvency Register - so the answer to that question is "yes".
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”